Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Has any compared the SE 255 vs SE 585 with dyno chart?  (Read 11129 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Has any compared the SE 255 vs SE 585 with dyno chart?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 08:35:37 PM »

I guess I'm answering my own question! :huepfenlol2:  I'll just stick with 255's, change the cam bearings, and sell the SE 585's! :2vrolijk_21:

Kingspoke, I changed my inner cam bearings, lifters, using stock cam and pushrods, a decent tune (I think).  :nixweiss:   I couldn't be happier with performance on my FLTRSE3. I usually don't push it past 5k in lower gears in 5th or 6th at 4k yer moving on.

I don't have any dyno numbers to post up but she sure puts a smile on my face while riding. I'm fixing to try tuning on a dyno so maybe I'll post it up, or will I?  :drink:

Good Luck

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
Re: Has any compared the SE 255 vs SE 585 with dyno chart?
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 12:15:30 AM »

Thanks, and I agree! :2vrolijk_21:  That damn school bus cam, makes this big sumbeech, really move out!  When gettin on the freeway you always have that one ahole that speeds up to squeeze you off, but I'm surprised how this 900lb bike moves out.

At 80mph, I'm at 3000 rpm, so well within the torque curve.  Between 3-4k I'll be 110-116 tq so I'm right in the power band.  It would be nice if I could stretch it a little more, but certainly not necessary.  For what is does with a tune & pipes, I'm very impressed how the 110ci performs, especially off the line.

I can pass in 6th with ease, on the freeway, and seldom gear down because I know I'm right in the power band.  I generally run 80-85mph on the freeway (if you want to stay in the fast lane in Cali ;)).  There's a ton of modified bikes that will smoke mine, but it's nonetheless  impressive.

I could easily slap on a 117" kit, but I'm pretty happy with this bike's performance.  If after my changes this thing implodes (won't happen) for whatever reason, I would most likely go to a S&S 124.  Look at this;

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:18:09 AM by Kingspoke »
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.