Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trailer thread good, got another idea.....  (Read 880 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
Trailer thread good, got another idea.....
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:07:13 AM »

I was a member of another web group when I had a Dodge diesel truck and that forum produced a member guide for emergencies.  It was voluntary, each member that wanted to be listed sent in their information and some basic information such as: have garage, willing to travel XX miles, phone number, address.  The trailer information could be helpful, and the list was published and sent to all members.  I have no idea how much this would cost to produce, I suspect quite a bit.  It was extremely handy for the travelers and it was a very popular program.  Just a thought I thought I would throw out there for everyone to chew on. 
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Trailer thread good, got another idea.....
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »

I was a member of another web group when I had a Dodge diesel truck and that forum produced a member guide for emergencies.  It was voluntary, each member that wanted to be listed sent in their information and some basic information such as: have garage, willing to travel XX miles, phone number, address.  The trailer information could be helpful, and the list was published and sent to all members.  I have no idea how much this would cost to produce, I suspect quite a bit.  It was extremely handy for the travelers and it was a very popular program.  Just a thought I thought I would throw out there for everyone to chew on. 

We're constantly growing and constantly adding. That would mean publishing and sending updates. We're all here anyway, so what better format. It's only 2 pages and easy enough to print. I'd never need one though. Just trying to help out a lil around here!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »

We're constantly growing and constantly adding. That would mean publishing and sending updates. We're all here anyway, so what better format. It's only 2 pages and easy enough to print. I'd never need one though. Just trying to help out a lil around here!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

I was thinking about this earlier today.  Yes.... I was thinking!!!  ;D

When I was a member of the NSRA (National Street Rod Assoc), they had a directory of all their members posted by state and then city.  If you filled out the form to be listed, you were listed.  You always got the directory mailed to you every year, listed or not; just part of your dues.  I also think that the word DUES says it all.  They had the money and the staff to do this.  It listed club affiliation as well.  I had an occasion to use this while cross country in my Willys, and it was a BIG help.

But as Hoist says, we're so small, relatively speaking to a national "organized" association, it's really complicated to do this for our "membership".

With the advent of iPhones and Blackberry's, it's not to difficult to get to this site in some way.  I thought with my new iPhone 3G that it would be fun to keep in touch with work etc.  Well I was going through a drive thru and got an e-mail from work and had to respond right away.  This was at about 8:00 pm and it was great and it sucked and the same time.  Kind of reminds me of my wife...  :o  :o  :o

What do you guys, gals, think about a procedure for an emergency?  Like a specific heading it would be posted in, like CVO Other Topics, or some other place.  If someone e-mails with an emergency, we need to see it as soon as possible, so the most viewed heading would be appropriate.

Maybe the title could be simple, like "911 Flat Tire Branson MO."  Maybe we don't need anything because as we all know, we ride the most dependable motorcycle money can buy. :-X  :-X  :-X

This just my 2¢ worth of thoughts.  Maybe next time I'll spend 5¢ and I'll get better thoughts.

:D  :D  :D
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 11:36:34 AM »

Typically, the one thing that we all want during a breakdown is to get off of the road and to a shop.  I use Road America to accomplish this.  In the Bay Area, we have a bonus (HD-Dude) to come rescue us.  For "over the road" rides, it would be really good to have a list of members willing to help, even if the help consists of "I have a friend who has an Indy shop" or this dealership has better service than that one, etc.  It also doesn't have to be a trailer.  It can be someone with a pickup and a ramp who rescues you.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 11:43:13 AM »

Maybe we're just over-complicating this.  Everyone who wants to help provide their name, address, cell phone number.  These get put in an excel spreadsheet that is posted somewhere on the site.  Anyone who is taking a big ride can go print an up to date copy whenever they want.  If we wanted to get crazy we could add "recommended" dealers to the list.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 11:47:49 AM »

Maybe we're just over-complicating this.  Everyone who wants to help provide their name, address, cell phone number.  These get put in an excel spreadsheet that is posted somewhere on the site.  Anyone who is taking a big ride can go print an up to date copy whenever they want.  If we wanted to get crazy we could add "recommended" dealers to the list.

You mean like this? ;)

"Who Has A Trailer and Where? Refer to Post #1 for Excel List of Trailers!"
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=18220.msg291163#msg291163

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.