Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taking the plunge  (Read 1300 times)

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
Taking the plunge
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »

Ok I have read alot about what each of you has posted and I am finally ready to purchase to get rid of the CC and relieve some of the heat from the 110
I am going to purchase
49 state Harley head pipes from Zanottis ...$314 didnt see them less expensive anywhere else
Super race tuner it was like 360 + 20 for the CD and 30 for the cable although the guy doing to do the work and the dyno says he personally prefers the PC but doesnt care which I use
Zippers Max flow Air cleaner
and Bub 7 slip ons. although I am a little concerned about how loud they will be. I heard a clip here on the site of a Road Glide CVO with them and although they sounded great, I do not want the neighbors yelling at me as I leave early, and getting pulled over in Dana Point for loud mufflers is a concern. I had the V&H basic slip ons on my 06 SEUltra and liked them, before I punch the button does anyone have a comment about the volume of Bub7s vs. V&H Basics?
I am still looking for pricing for the Bub 7s anyone know a cost effective place to purchase?
THanks for everyones input
Chanman
I am going to purchase no later than Monday so please chime in.
We are going to the Smokies Mid May and I wanted the work done and able to run for a month before we leave

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
Re: Taking the plunge
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:36:13 PM »

The BUB7 slipons are not loud. They are deep and rumbley...not tiney at all. You'll be very pleased with their sound.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

The bub 7 sound good on the SE 110.

Another good option is Fullsac baffels in your stock mufflers.  The too sound great, very low deep rumble but not loud.  Very cost effective, about 135 dollars and two hours time.

That is the route I went as did many others on this site.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »

Well I got the Zippers max flow ordered with no problem. Zanottis will not ship the non cat head pipes to California. The pipes are illegal for street applications. The Zippers site has a caveot that says not legal for street use in California racing apps only on the Max flow, but they have sent them to me I guess they figure I am old enough to make my decisions as to street use vs race use. I did not have a problem with Zippers. I asked Zanottis if they could ship them to Arizona as I have a friend there and have not gotten a response yet. I guess Harley wants to be big brother an decide what is a racing app and what is a street app.. They will ship the race tuner to me no problem.
Does anyone Know where I can order a pair of Bub 7s slip ons ?? Zanottis said they couldnt get them and wanted to substitue a pair of Rinhart slip ons. Jump in here guys I need some help We are going on vacation next month an I really want to get all this work done before we leave for the San Diego to Smoky Mountains vacation
In need of help
Chanman

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »

Chanman,

Go to www.pipecity.com .    They have the Bub 7 Slip on's for $469.00    I have them on my 110 and I couldn't ask for a better sound,  Nice deep rumble.  not offensive at any speed.  When you light it up,  Man they talk.  Couldn't be more pleased with them.
Jimmy

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »

Well I got the Zippers max flow ordered with no problem. Zanottis will not ship the non cat head pipes to California. The pipes are illegal for street applications. The Zippers site has a caveot that says not legal for street use in California racing apps only on the Max flow, but they have sent them to me I guess they figure I am old enough to make my decisions as to street use vs race use. I did not have a problem with Zippers. I asked Zanottis if they could ship them to Arizona as I have a friend there and have not gotten a response yet. I guess Harley wants to be big brother an decide what is a racing app and what is a street app.. They will ship the race tuner to me no problem.
Does anyone Know where I can order a pair of Bub 7s slip ons ?? Zanottis said they couldnt get them and wanted to substitue a pair of Rinhart slip ons. Jump in here guys I need some help We are going on vacation next month an I really want to get all this work done before we leave for the San Diego to Smoky Mountains vacation
In need of help
Chanman

Chicago Harley, Hales, and Surdyke are all 20% off dealers on internet sales.  Maybe one of them will ship them to you.
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

Big Brother is watching, none of the Harley dealers will ship the non cat head pipe to California, Zanottis had the best price by far with 314. Chicago Harley was like 380,so rather than to go thru the hassle of shipping them to a buddy in A and then shipping them to me, I purchased a set of Vance and Hines Power Duals and I am just going to add a set of Vance and Hines basic slip ons. I have that muffler on my other bikes, I am afraid they are going to b overly loud on the 110, as they were much louded on the 103 than they are on the 95. I just hope that after this alteration it doesnt run so hot, I am so looking forward to going on vacation next month to the Smoky Mountains. I took my wifes Road King in yesterday to get it Dynoed. We built it to a 95 with high compression heads and 211 cams, cant tell you how many times I have burned my fiingers reaching down to press the releases. I wanted to see what it is putting out. When I got there a leak had developed between the head and the base, so that is going to have to be repaired first.
Zanottis was great to speak with and the live chat was cool. I got more info from them than I do when I stand at the counter at my local dealer. I recommend checking them out for your parts needs.

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.