Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is It Worth It (Cam Change)?  (Read 1484 times)

jon1550

Is It Worth It (Cam Change)?
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »

I'm new to this group, but from reading some threads believe you guys can help. I have
an '02 Deuce w/ a 2006 CVO 103 motor, TW55 cams, SE Pro Super Tuner, Zippers 50mm,
and Thunderheader pipes. Since Andrews recommends a min. of 9.8 CR for the TW55; I'm
thinking (stuck) on switching to Red Shift 575 cams, but not sure how much I'll gain/lose.
Dynoed at 96 hp/103  when Pro Tuner was installed. No immediate plans for head work.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Is It Worth It (Cam Change)?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:39:14 AM »

Leave the cam that is a very good performer
Find a set of pistons for the CVO 103"
I sell Axtell and they offer a 20° dome for that bore and it is easy to prep the heads for that. If you get lucky you may find a stocking dealer for the old 10.5 HD piston. The zippers cam will get you less power and a little more torque under the curve with no other changes but really is not optimized either. This 103 has ~8.8/1 compression. A better choice if just torque and throttle response is the goal and not power would be an Andrews TW26 if the top end is not going to be opened.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Is It Worth It (Cam Change)?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:31:09 AM »

Another viable option is a Wood 6, with a 4* advance gear, for now, and pull the gear once you get the headwork established. :pineapple:
Scott

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 25 queries.