Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radio Problem  (Read 1382 times)

Musclehead

Radio Problem
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »

Bike is 2010 CVO Ultra. Radio is cycling between two errors: "disk error 1" and "disk error 34". Most of the functions seem to work - at least the FM and Aux through the front and rear speakers. With the speaker selector switch in headset position, no sound in the helmet. It's not a helmet headset problem as the Zumo instructions come through and I get the same results with my wife's helmet. The dealer tried with no success to reset the code and says I need a new radio. Problem is Harley's radio group can't even ship one for two weeks and I leave on week long trip next Saturday. As you would expect, HD Customer Service was no help and said there was a backlog. I told her that I was certain the factory was not full of bikes waiting on radios - it is obvious they already have my money!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
Re: Radio Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:45:27 PM »

Send "110 Mofo" a pm, he just went through the same process and was able to get one right away.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: Radio Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:28 PM »

Bike is 2010 CVO Ultra. Radio is cycling between two errors: "disk error 1" and "disk error 34". Most of the functions seem to work - at least the FM and Aux through the front and rear speakers. With the speaker selector switch in headset position, no sound in the helmet. It's not a helmet headset problem as the Zumo instructions come through and I get the same results with my wife's helmet. The dealer tried with no success to reset the code and says I need a new radio. Problem is Harley's radio group can't even ship one for two weeks and I leave on week long trip next Saturday. As you would expect, HD Customer Service was no help and said there was a backlog. I told her that I was certain the factory was not full of bikes waiting on radios - it is obvious they already have my money!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=51519.0

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=50892.0;all

I hope this helps you  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.