Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extended Warranty  (Read 846 times)

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
Extended Warranty
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »

OK so I purchased the extended warranty and I know that whatever I get installed w/in 60 days is covered for the origional 2 yr warranty. I thought I read some where that with the extended it's also covered for the additional 5 yrs. My dealer sez no and I can't find where I thought I read it, any help, maybe I'm wrong. :nixweiss:

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
Re: Extended Warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »

To my understanding, anything added and not factory installed will not be covered by the extended warranty. Those parts will have their own warranty printed on the box. The stealer might be able to pull some strings, but I don't think you'll find it in print anywhere.

Opee
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Extended Warranty
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:56:40 PM »

To my understanding, anything added and not factory installed will not be covered by the extended warranty. Those parts will have their own warranty printed on the box. The stealer might be able to pull some strings, but I don't think you'll find it in print anywhere.

Opee

You are correct.  No parts added to a stock motorcycle are covered under the ESP, even if they were installed within the first 60 days after purchase. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.