Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Windshield Pouch/Bag Storage  (Read 14413 times)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Windshield Pouch/Bag Storage
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »

It is not just you Live2Ride57. I have the same situation with my bag . I don't know why it works on other bikes but not mine/yours ?  I removed the stock windshield ,installed bag and still had the gap. So the shield is not  causing the problem , it's the stiff plastic mounting board .

Is there any give to the mounting board??  Can you bend it any to give it some curvature?  :nixweiss:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Live2Ride57

• Adoption day - With my new 2012 FLHTCUSE7

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 - Electric Orange/Black Diamond
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 08:03:26 AM »

Yeah it bends.  Its a flexible plastic.  I just don't know why some are having issues, while other aren't?  It would help to see some pics of a successful install.  I'd love to get mine to work, its a nice looking bag.
2012 H-D FLHTCUSE7 - Orange/Black / 2007 H-D FLHTCUI / 1999 H-D FLHTCUI / 1996 H-D FLSTN / 1982 Suzuki 300 GS.

jcain

• NY

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »

I just received and installed the Hogtunes/Saddleman 3 pouch bag on my '06. I do have a gap of approximately 1/8" which is the thickness of the pouch board. I have a Clearview 12" windshield which is thicker than stock. I did not have the gap until installing the bag.

IMO it seems logical that there is a bit of tolerance in the inner and outer fairing to accommodate thicker windshields but when you add something as thick as another windshield and as wide as one you're gonna have a gap.

I'm willing to accept the gap for now as it's not that noticeable and the bag looks great, fits with the dash pad in place and offers handy storage that I was looking for.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.