Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Redline Oil  (Read 3307 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Redline Oil
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »

I know i'm covered...Mobile 1 v-twin 20-50 in the engine,Amsoil 20-50 in the primary, Redline Shockproof in the tranny.

Curious as to why using two such similar products for engine and primary?   If wanting something more specific to duty within the primary why use just another engine oil?

fatboi1959

• Junior CVO Member
  • It's all good!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »

Actually, was just getting rid of the last of my Amsoil. Mobile 1 will be going in the primary next.
2007 FLHTCUSE2
I'm spending my retirement one mod at a time

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »

Lets liven things up a bit:

I Only Use Syn3

:vrolijk_11:
Spada84
NoSofa!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »

Lets liven things up a bit:

I Only Use Syn3

:vrolijk_11:

Nothing wrong with SYN3, so you'll get no grief from me.  It actually rated fairly high overall on the Amsoil test report.  The only real problem I have with it is related to the jacked up price Harley charges, and all that total BS they fed everyone for decades about how you can't use synthetics in their engines (back before they started selling one, that is).  I don't like liars, and I do my very best not to encourage them by either falling for their lies or letting them talk me into buying their stuff with their lies.

I'm only talking about using it in the engine btw, I am not a proponent of dumping the same stuff in all three holes.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »

Nothing wrong with SYN3, so you'll get no grief from me.  It actually rated fairly high overall on the Amsoil test report.  The only real problem I have with it is related to the jacked up price Harley charges, and all that total BS they fed everyone for decades about how you can't use synthetics in their engines (back before they started selling one, that is).  I don't like liars, and I do my very best not to encourage them by either falling for their lies or letting them talk me into buying their stuff with their lies.

I'm only talking about using it in the engine btw, I am not a proponent of dumping the same stuff in all three holes.

Jerry

Agreed.  I did negotiate lifetime service with my dealer, so don't "pay" for the oil.  I have bought different lubes for the primary and tranny.
Spada84
NoSofa!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.