Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The next 06 possible problem?  (Read 845 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
The next 06 possible problem?
« on: July 21, 2006, 09:52:21 AM »

Hi folks,
I just took my bike in to the dealer yesterday for the ignition switch issue and on the way my FM radio became more and more scratchy sounding. I thought it may have been some electrical interferance of some type. But when the shop was replacing the ignition (they had to open up the faring and move the radio to do it) they went to move the radio and the antenna conection fell apart in their hand. [smiley=confused5.gif]
The service guys said this is the second time recently this has happened and there may be a problem with the connector! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Bad news for me was that the part was not in stock at the dealer but they are UPSing the part and it should be in today. They also could not lend me a bike overnight or give me a ride in the shop truck to get home. I was stranded until the lady working in the finance department offered to give me a ride home in her personal car. (Thank you Becky! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif])
I also had the shop call Harley to check on the v.8.9 radio sofware upgrade and they were told by the MOCO that they were not going to send out a disc to the dealers because "They didn't consider it a substantial upgrade" but also said "It would provide lots of neat features I would enjoy" All I had to do was download it myself from their website.
But so far i have not been successful in that download. In Harley's own instuctions it states in Step4 #6 "If the software version number does not display as expected, contact your local dealership for assistance." [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Catch 22 I guess? ;D
I hope everyone doesn't start to have radio problems now. ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:05:21 AM by VaEagle »

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: The next 06 possible problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:41:31 PM »

I sure hope HD has worked all the bugs out of the SEultra for '07. After reading all the problems, paint, radio, motor mount, etc. , I almost had 2nd thoughts about buying an 07 SEultra2. BUT just for about 2 seconds! Just couldnt turn down a 110 w. 6 speed, GPS etc. Guess I will find out soon.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 05:49:07 PM »

Hey Ace!

There are problems with everything made by man.  I have milk dud paint on mine, and it will be replaced.  But even like it sets, its the finest bike I have ever owned.  I don't regret it for one second!

You will be one happy puppy!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 07:09:29 PM »

I have a copy of the 8.9 that worked for me I will gladely mail it to you if you'd like to try it.

PM me with your info and I'll get it out to you.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 11:55:54 PM »

Thanks VAZHOG. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I will send you a PM. 8-)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.