Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: cam cam cam, questions again.  (Read 6366 times)

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: cam cam cam, questions again.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »

The .570 cam works well, and even better yet with 1.725 rockers on the intake side.
Use it a lot here in many different configurations.
An Andrews 57 will hit harder, sooner all things same/same.
Scott

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »

would the little stumbles my bike has at 2k just crusing have anything to do with the 211 cam?  Sometimes it does it other times not so much.  idle is horrible. 
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 03:53:48 PM »

would the little stumbles my bike has at 2k just crusing have anything to do with the 211 cam?  Sometimes it does it other times not so much.  idle is horrible.

Could be the tune, fuel delivery, electrical, but not the cams fault.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:20 AM »

Could be the plug wires,  hmmmm,  I never changed them.  Maybe I will swap out to a new coil, ignition and wires.  I did do the plugs when I bought the bike.   I am also going to put adifferent tune in.  The tune I am running now is not setup for the porting.   I will see the difference and figure out what to do. 
Mavericks RC
MFFM

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 08:54:09 AM »

Doubt like hell it's the coil.
Scott

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »

Fuel pressure, tune, did you change to a larger throttlebody or larger injector?   Sounds a lot like a bike that is too lean.

Have you tried just for giggles to add 15% fuel say 750 to 2500 rpm up to 30 kPa.   Just to see if throwing fuel at makes any difference?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:08:03 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 05:01:33 AM »

I am going to try a tune in my PCIII that is probably going to dump lots of fuel into it.  The one I am running now does not take into account the ported heads,  the new one was done for porting, flat top pistons, bigger TB and injectors.   See what happens.   I can tell you its running WAY BETTER than without the PCIII. 

If this tune does not work,  I will make a custom tune using seat of the pants and how its running.  It won't be perfect,  but it will be much better.  I tuned my snowmobiles for years,  and I was consisitantly faster than most.  I guess I have a knack for feeling what the machine is doing. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:03:17 AM by kojack »
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »

Since the old Road Glides interest me I remember when you joined here and most of your conversations since.  You've come a long way from some general uncertainty with oil changes to a year after that having that long conversation on Fuel Moto and what to do with the Power Commander to now another year later feeling froggy opening your own shop and doing some seat of the pants "tuning" on a Marelli bike.  Well done on the progress.

Did you ever get sorted out how the engine was actually built and what was inside.  I remember your difficulties to begin wondering what it was and what tuning maps might be supplied while also being provided no clue what was in the engine in the bike you'd just bought.  As was said before so shall say again; good luck on getting it sorted  :2vrolijk_21: .

I need to do a bunch of general things/troubleshooting with my bike.  Oil change, trans oil change etc.  Is there a good resource I can get info from to do this correctly?  I don't want to pay the dealership when I know how to spin wrenches.  Just need some general info.  Also how to adjust the cam chains etc as well. 

Thanks.  Peace.

I am going to try a tune in my PCIII that is probably going to dump lots of fuel into it.  The one I am running now does not take into account the ported heads,  the new one was done for porting, flat top pistons, bigger TB and injectors.   See what happens.   I can tell you its running WAY BETTER than without the PCIII. 

If this tune does not work,  I will make a custom tune using seat of the pants and how its running.  It won't be perfect,  but it will be much better.  I tuned my snowmobiles for years,  and I was consisitantly faster than most.  I guess I have a knack for feeling what the machine is doing.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »

Two lane.  thanks.   I sold my construction business,  bought my parents house that has a building somewhat large enough to house my shop, 90 percent done my small engine and motorcycle repair courses.

My bikes gut's are as follows.  95", ported heads by someone, SE211 cams,  PCIII with a tune for everything besides the heads,  SE stage 2 intake/ecu,  and se oil pump.

Since I got the bike first,  had new rings, all new gaskets, all new internals for the primary, all fluids changed, SE oil pump and all new chain etc.   ditched the apes and got a set of stockers on it. 

I have always wrenched on stuff.  I have built road race, drag race cars, sport bikes,  off road bikes, snowmobiles.  Harleys were a new realm for me.  I am getting more comfortable now however. 

The Japanese bikes are so easy to work on compared to the Harley gear.
Mavericks RC
MFFM