Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 50mm vs. 58mm TB data - worth it?  (Read 7050 times)

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 50mm vs. 58mm TB data - worth it?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 02:55:34 PM »

The bigger injector can deliver the fuel in a shorter amount of time.

Makes sense. Same was said by Chris Schroeder. Can a 65lb injector, Bosch EV14 for example, still have proper low speed control on these bigger motor builds? They claim minimum of 1.0 ms minimum pulse width.

I ran a 8.1 injector in a 110 pro charged build with a fueling 574 with nice low rpm manners. 

If a larger injector is wanted/needed by a given powerplant, then it only stands to reason that it'll run smoother and manufacture more power when that would be introduced...........no google search needed to figure that one.

I think this is where some miss understanding comes in.  Take a 110 with head work, 58mm TB and 577 cam.  This will produce about 120/120 on the conservative side.  4.3's will be hitting around 80-85% IDC but 5.3's will be closer to 55-60%.  The power output on my WOT dyno run will be the same.  BUT we wont loose control of the injector if PE mode or other things kick in.  Now if we can't richen the mixture up anymore with the 4.3's and we can only get 14:1 indicated.  Sure, the bigger injector will produce more HP.  I am not arguing just trying to clear the air for others.  I have been asked countless times by customers about getting bigger injectors only, so they can chase a higher number.  I explain it doesn't work like that. 

BTW   Info based on testing, and not google.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.