Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gotta watch this Guyz & Galz  (Read 1202 times)

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
Gotta watch this Guyz & Galz
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »

Its not enough that some  men and women protect our country.........

Wow

http://www.wimp.com/jersey-boys-navy-chorus-sea-chanters/

AWESOME
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

wrayzor

• Full CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 2013 Anniversary CVO RG #379
Re: Gotta watch this Guyz & Galz
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »

Wow? Okay, I can see how some think that. A waste of government funding that detracts from the primary mission; ABSOLUTELY! As an active military member coming up on 20 years of service, I have witnessed this frivolous spending first hand. The amount of money it takes to pay these nonners (military members getting paid that do not perform their actual jobs they enlisted for), to ship their equipment, plane tickets, per-diem and hotel costs is astronomical. It's hard for me to explain to a junior member that the military doesn't have funding for cold weather gear, gloves or other mission critical gear to include aircraft parts, yet we can spend money on a band???? And yes, each service has a band like this or several bands, so multiply this spending by no less than four and that's a lot of tax dollars, yes your tax dollars, NOT hard at work.

Rant over and hate me if you want!
2013 CVO Anniversary Road Glide #379

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:38:54 AM »

Wow, never looked at it that way....... I do get your point. I understand.
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

Completely under stand sum's point,   But "hey" it can't all be shotguns and  hand grenades. There has to be a mural factor in there some  were for our troops in service putting their lives on the line for our freedom,.. so what the cost for that R&R is "so be it"       
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:52:55 PM by longlast »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »

I can see both sides of the issue. I never served but have had many family members who have. I remember the stories how in times like WWII where it was great to have a little piece of home to make the misery of war a little more bearable and remind the troops why they were fighting. I also remember the Vietnam war years where many in the general public thought of the military as trained baby killers and how minds were changed in schools when the Navy Band would show up at an assembly. Kids thought they were going to see a bunch of stiff military guys playing a bunch of John Phillip Sousa marches and when the guitars and drums started playing Beatles, Stepenwolf and other stuff the kids then thought the Navy was cool!
I know there is some sort of hierarchy for "real servicemen" where the special forces feel they are top of the pile with others beneath them and it flows down to the old days they called them "Remmington raiders" or "R.E.M.Fs" who stay in the offices doing paperwork vs. front line fighting . I just assume the job has to get done somehow and it is a shame if the government can't supply the basics to support the troops whether it uniforms, equipment, food etc. I'm sure there is lots of government waste in pet projects too.
I thank the servicemen and women for the sacrifices they make to give us our freedoms......(their families too!)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:53 AM »

Longlast, I appreciate the sentiment towards our service members, but these bands and performance groups rarely play for the troops.  Mostly the performances are for visitors from another country that the Muslim-in-Chief President wants to impress, or, like the one in this video, are just for tourists (this performance is at the equivalent of Trafalgar Square). 

Wrayzor is correct that these groups eat up funds that could be used for the real mission.  The real service members would prefer ammunition and equipment that works.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:44 AM »

Another dis-service to our fighting men & women.......take a look at the rank......every sleeve I can see, E-7 or above......and didn't have to compete!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:41:29 AM »

WOW...
Bill

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.