Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HARLEY SCREAMIN EAGLE PRO EFI SUPER TUNER  (Read 2232 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HARLEY SCREAMIN EAGLE PRO EFI SUPER TUNER
« on: May 09, 2016, 08:30:46 PM »

putting v/h shorty straight shots on my cvo breakout, and dealer wants to use this tuner, what do you think, he says it will keep my warranty valid  :nixweiss:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: HARLEY SCREAMIN EAGLE PRO EFI SUPER TUNER
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 09:11:32 PM »

He basically lied to you.  Read the description of the SEPST for yourself in the catalog; it is for race use only and not street legal, and as such it can be cause for your warranty to be void if you have a powertrain failure and Harley decides to play hardball.  Almost all of us have made changes to new or nearly new bikes that could also cause warranty problems, so that's not the issue to me.  To me, the issue is being lied to by someone at a dealership trying to sell you his product.

If you want a good tune and to also maintain the ability to put everything back to stock to protect your warranty status in case of a failure, find a good tuner who uses the TTS product or perhaps one of the other flash tuning systems like Power Vision.  You can save the stock map and if necessary you can reinstall that map before taking the bike to the dealer for warranty repairs.  You can't do that with the SEPST.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »

thanks for the info, would  the power vision tuner do the job, of decal pop and the other things
that go along with a pipe change :nixweiss:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:13:29 AM »

Check out vh fuel pack 3. .  Coolest device.  Very easy to use. . And no dyna is necessary. .  You can make changes. .  And lots of them yourself. . I did an auto tune this weekend. . Bike runs great. . Good fuel economy. And no popping on Decell at all. .  I really like it.  Check it out on you tube.  Lots of information there.  Stuart. 

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 07:01:25 AM »

If  your  NOT  doing the tune....   I  would  get what  the  TUNER  prefers.    ;)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »

thanks gray, he likes harley pro tuner, but down the road i was hoping that it will work for mods like cams heads  ect.,more heavier  mods :drummer:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »

thanks gray, he likes harley pro tuner, but down the road i was hoping that it will work for mods like cams heads  ect.,more heavier  mods :drummer:

Any of the better flash tuning systems will work for whatever level of modifications you might eventually perform, assuming you have a fully qualified person to do the tuning.  The devices or systems are just a tool, and the most important part is the person wielding the tool.  If you have someone who is really good at tuning, then I would ask for his input about which system to use.  If you're just assuming the guy at the local Harley shop is truly good without knowing that for a fact, I'd suggest caution.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 02:02:40 PM »

thanks again jerry, they say the tuner is good, he does the tuning for all 4 of there dealerships, i know this is just a start cause if i like the bike i'll adding  heads cams pipes , 117 maybe, but for now just some harley noise ,lol, i have another bike with a tts , they say there the best and my other bike runs good , that might be a possible  down the road :huepfenlol2:

Yorktown CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 Softail Convertible CVO
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »

I would suggest purchasing a Power Vision from Fuel Moto. They have the best price. Fuel Moto has the best support on the market in my opinion. When you purchase the Power Vision, call Fuel Moto and tell them what bike you have and what modifications, they will load the tune on the Power Vision before shipping it out to you. Great company to deal with. If you make additional performance improvements they send you a new tune usually with in 24 hrs free. You tube as some good videos on the Power Vision.

ferris bueller

• Buy The Ticket Take The Ride
    • IL

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 05:35:28 PM »

Go with the HD supertuner, I did and got great results with it, plus the dyno guy was the most familiar with it.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.