Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: SEUC² Head Temps  (Read 7671 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: SEUC² Head Temps
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »

I also have seen 380-390 a few times, yesterday the temp was 90-95 riding 2 up and the rear head seen 387 @ one time. Sure is hot on the Thighs!
  That was taken with a cooking probe that stays tied between the 2 head bolts going right by the spark plug. With a digital readout on the dash. Has a stainless probe with a stainless cable that connects to a (outside the Oven Monitor) LCD readout. Wal-Mart,$18.00 / It is right with the oil temp dipstick readout of the mornings before the bike is started, So I think it is pretty accurate.
   Oil temp was around 240

JR07,

Can you provide a couple of pics of how you attached the temp probe to the head?

07SEUC_KC

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »

MF,

It will be very interesting to find out if the rep says anything. Please keep us posted.

Spoke with Dealership. The rep stated that the SE comes with an engine management system that is disarmed when shipped. When they arm it and the engine gets to hot it will shut down a cylinder to cool and then reset. Of course they said the engine will run erratic. They then said if I did not like the way it ran they could then disarm again on my own dime. This really confuses me. I thought I bought a bike that I expected to run on both cylinders all the time. Can anybody shed some light here.  Did I get the explanation right. Have you heard of this.

Thanks

MF in KC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »

Spoke with Dealership. The rep stated that the SE comes with an engine management system that is disarmed when shipped. When they arm it and the engine gets to hot it will shut down a cylinder to cool and then reset. Of course they said the engine will run erratic. They then said if I did not like the way it ran they could then disarm again on my own dime. This really confuses me. I thought I bought a bike that I expected to run on both cylinders all the time. Can anybody shed some light here.  Did I get the explanation right. Have you heard of this.

Thanks

MF in KC

That's come up before.  The initial service bulletin described here by others allowed for arming the system.  The if the customer was dissatisfied with the way the bike ran it allowed for disarming the system again one time at no cost to the owner.  Tell them you want to see the actual service bulletin.

If all else fails fall back on the semantic difference to gain a warranty claim.  You turn it on to address the heat issue.  You then present the bike later for warranty support because it is running poorly without regard to heat.  Make them chase their tails if necessary if that's what it takes to provide satisfactory service and a serviceable bike.

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »

JR07,

Can you provide a couple of pics of how you attached the temp probe to the head?

Yes, I will post some maybe tomorrow. The probe is probably 8-9" long. And It is
placed at an angle between the head bolts , making contact with both head bolts and
very  very close to the plug. It has a small right angle at the end with the cable attached which angles up beside my fuel line on the bottom of the tank. One Ty-Rap
holds it in place.

07SEUC_KC

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »

Went back to dealership to discuss high head temps ended up spending some cash. Addeed Rinehart Tru Duals, PCIII and SE Air. Started at 78 HP 94 TQE to 90 102. Pick her up in the morning. Sure sound great cant wait to ride. Hope this cools the heads down. They said it was very lean.

MF in KC

Jester_Red07

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 08:19:35 PM »

Tried to post a pic, and it is too large. I can E-mail it to someone to post.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

Tried to post a pic, and it is too large. I can E-mail it to someone to post.

Sent you PM with my e-mail addy, Jester.  Alternatively, you can re-size to something smaller than 1.5MB and it should attach to your post just fine.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 07:24:16 AM »

Yes, I will post some maybe tomorrow. The probe is probably 8-9" long. And It is
placed at an angle between the head bolts , making contact with both head bolts and
very  very close to the plug. It has a small right angle at the end with the cable attached which angles up beside my fuel line on the bottom of the tank. One Ty-Rap
holds it in place.

Posting for Jester_Red07:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 07:24:51 AM »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007, 08:05:01 AM »

holds it in place.

My wife has a similar piece of kitchen crap that I may try that with. Have you calibrated it in any way to a more direct head temp measurement?

I do like that, and it doesn't cost as much as my potential permanently installed CHT gauge.

Jester_Red07

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 08:13:13 PM »

Come on man are you kidding? Calibrate? It does not have that function on it.
But, It does read exactly with my oil temp gauge after sitting overnigt so I think it is pretty accurate.
  I just purchased 2 more similar to this , with smaller monitors. I am going to place one on each head for a front to rear comparison. Then I can check the data in the Tmax and see how close the front compares with the internal data.
  I will post the results after My experiment. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.