Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HK XM-Module Antenna  (Read 851 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
HK XM-Module Antenna
« on: June 01, 2007, 06:37:20 AM »

I was going to post this question on the back side of the 4-pages of BS on the XM Reception thread. However I thought this may generate a more accurate response.

Not having installed the HK XM module or removed the “Clam Shell” to look at it.

1.   How long is the Antenna Wire? Is it long enough to relocate?
2.   Having installed a XM radio (replacement of Oem Truck radio) the antenna wire connection is different from the XM roadey Antenna Connection that I have installed in my other truck.
3.   Anyone relocated it? What Parts did you use?
4.   I’m looking to relocate mine to the Tour pack if possible.
5.   The XM Antenna located under the faring is not good my other XM’s do not Drop when riding under trees.

Suggestions if any?

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: HK XM-Module Antenna
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 06:57:00 AM »

Vaz,

The antennea wire is long enough if you want to move it to the top of the fairing, but it won't make it to the tour pack. When I moved mine to the fairing, I just ordered a new one  ( $75 ) from the Moco, as they use some stout glue that looked like it was going to do some damage if I tried to remove it, plus this way, if I were to sell it, i could easily go back to the stock set-up. Also, the routing of the antennea wire is important to the reception. It needs to have a coil, or circle that's pretty loose without any tight bends. I have been very happy with mine located at the seam of the fairing just to the right of the windshield. Reception if perfect, and due to the black fairing, it's not very noticeable. I just hated having the XM cut out and re-boot all the time, but now I'm a happy XM channel 74 Bluseville camper. 
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 09:29:58 PM »

Thanks for the tip I will look at the MoCo part and see if the end matches anyother XM antenna that I could use..

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »

Thanks for the tip I will look at the MoCo part and see if the end matches anyother XM antenna that I could use..

No the connection is different than a regular XM antenna.....

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 05:37:21 AM »

No the connection is different than a regular XM antenna.....
OKay, Never mind

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.