Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Apehangers on the SEUC  (Read 2057 times)

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Apehangers on the SEUC
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:18:56 PM »

In my never-ending irrational attempt to customize my Harley, i am curious if anyone has put apehangers on the Ultra Classic.  I know Hoist has the 12 inch chubby's on the SERG. Anyone try them on the UC?. Pictures would help if anyone has them.  There is probably a thread on this but i didn't fine it for the UC.  Was thinking about doing the Traxxion and while the front end was off, why not entertain some APES!!

Free

REGGAB

Re: Apehangers on the SEUC
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 08:08:37 AM »

Well, I haven't thought about Apes on a bagger with a fairing.  In my mind, it wouldn't look right.  Further, depending on how how the Apes go, seems my fingers wouldn't get enough blood circulation.  I do think mild Apes look great on an FX bike.............but definitely not on an FL.  IMO.

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:55:01 AM »

REGGAB

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 10:14:35 AM »

i have 10's behind an EG style faring on my SERK and they dont look out of place and are very comfortable for me
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:40:51 AM »

Neil

can you show me a picture or direct me to where you have one shown on the site?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 11:03:47 AM »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »

one more action shot

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »

Well, I haven't thought about Apes on a bagger with a fairing.  In my mind, it wouldn't look right.  Further, depending on how how the Apes go, seems my fingers wouldn't get enough blood circulation.  I do think mild Apes look great on an FX bike.............but definitely not on an FL.  IMO.

You know I rode untold thousands of miles bent forward slightly reaching for the stock handlebars. Finally decided to try a set of 12" Chubby's on Elvis. I cannot begin to describe how much more comfortable I was with my hands up and closer to me. LD my 07 Road Glide has a set of 10" Chubby's as the geometry is a bit different on that bike. Apehangers creates a mental picture of riding with your hands above your shoulders truly looking like an Orangatang hanging from a tree. Raising your hands up to where your back is neutral and your hands are not reaching for the grips is not only smart, it's sooooooo much more comfortable. You might only want to go a up a couple of inches say from the stock 4.5" rise of RK bars to 6" or as is the case with RG's from 8" to 10" etc . The first step is to find out what the rise, drop, pullback etc of your current bars is. Then with the help of a friend, sit on your bike,close your eyes and put your hands out where you feel they should be. Don't try to reach for the bars that are there, try to imagine what feels just perfect. Have the person with you measure from the bars on the bike to where your hands are. Up a couple inches ? Back an inch or so ? Maybe even forward - - whatever. The thing is a Harley-Davidson like any mass produced product is built to " Human Engineering " standards which the last time I checked had the average height of men between 5'9" and 5'-11". Along with that goes inseam, sleeve length, weight and other factors that are combined to produce a bike that only actually fits a small percentage of the population since it is an average. How many of us customize our bikes to the nth degree without changing handlebars ?  I'm sure the number as a percentage is huge. And truth be told, riding position (seat/handlebars) should be the first thing anyone spends money on.

B B

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

Seen a couple of baggers with apes...IMO, looks odd.

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 01:10:26 AM »

Seen a couple of baggers with apes...IMO, looks odd.

yeah, i hear you!

I am going to take BBs advice and try a bunch of positions with some bars. Its a big expense to switch them out so I'd have to be real sure.

Free

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 25 queries.