Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Had the Road King tuned at Thunder Beach  (Read 1295 times)

Bucky205

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
Had the Road King tuned at Thunder Beach
« on: October 01, 2007, 07:31:52 AM »

Had the Road King tuned at Thunder Beach.  94HP and 112 Ft Lbs of Torque.  Definitely smoothed it out a bit.  I had some spots I was really lean and others I was rich.  Rideability improved dramatically.  The map is attached for the power commander if anyone wants to use it.  I am stock except for the Rush slip ons and the Power Commander.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
Re: Had the Road King tuned at Thunder Beach
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:39:51 AM »

good numbers

Bucky205

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
Re: Had the Road King tuned at Thunder Beach
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »

The thing that really impressed me about this tuner was that he used the Tune Link Software that couples the PC and the Dyno.  He sets a throttle positon as requested by the software and the computer adjust the mixture.  It was cool he would set a throttle positon and you could hear the engine smooth aqnd power up as the software computed the AIR/Fuel.  The previous tuner had manually adjusted the Air/Fuel.  I did not get but a 2HP improvement over the manual tuning but the rideability improvement is quiet noticeable.  The power band is smooth as glass now.  I still get a slight popping at decel that would not tune out.  The tuner was of the opinion that the only way to completely remove it was to go to true duals.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.