Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pack Lid Insert  (Read 3698 times)

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Tour Pack Lid Insert
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »

I'm not positive, but it seems like I've seen some posts about a chrome screamin' eagle insert for the indentation on the tour pack lid.  Can anyone help me out here?  Thanks in advance...

Jim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Tour Pack Lid Insert
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:31:32 PM »

I'm not positive, but it seems like I've seen some posts about a chrome screamin' eagle insert for the indentation on the tour pack lid.  Can anyone help me out here?  Thanks in advance...

Jim

Jim, the SE insert is on the rear of the '08 TP's. The top is only an HD insert. I'm using these '08 inserts on my TP that Gene's doing for me right now. There's no SE top insert that I know of. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »

Jim, the SE insert is on the rear of the '08 TP's. The top is only an HD insert. I'm using these '08 inserts on my TP that Gene's doing for me right now. There's no SE top insert that I know of. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Hoist, do you have a picture or a part number?

Jim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »

Thanks Hoist, do you have a picture or a part number?

Jim

I had a buddy use a VIN to get me the set. I have no paperwork. I've already sent mine to Gene. Call him. He was gonna try to get them for me, but I got my own. Maybe he can get you them. I spoke to him beforehand and he knew we were working around them. Bear in mind, if you have a regular TP, there's no recess on the rear panel. The UC's have the corner lights, and it's recessed in between the lights on the rear panel. My rear insert will actually be raised, not inset. The top gets inset. Get ready for the sticker shock too. $75 bucks for both stick ons!!! If you have no luck, I'll try to get another set. But we'll probably need a new source! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »

Thanks again, I don't want one for the back, Gene already did a little custom work to the back of the tour pack. 

Having seen this do you think it would fit into the recess on the lid?  If so, I think I have a source who may be able to get me one.  If not I'll look into having something machined. 

Jim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 10:55:17 PM »

Thanks again, I don't want one for the back, Gene already did a little custom work to the back of the tour pack. 

Having seen this do you think it would fit into the recess on the lid?  If so, I think I have a source who may be able to get me one.  If not I'll look into having something machined. 

Jim

The top insert is the only one that will fit. The rear is much larger. I got mine in the silver. The top one just says "HARLEY-DAVIDSON". I think you can get that from any model bike. It's just the rear that's special, and says SE. The brushed finish might be special too. I'm not sure.

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »

The top insert is the only one that will fit. The rear is much larger. I got mine in the silver. The top one just says "HARLEY-DAVIDSON". I think you can get that from any model bike. It's just the rear that's special, and says SE. The brushed finish might be special too. I'm not sure.

Hoist! 8)

There is the SE only top insert for the 05 SEEG. ??? ::)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »

There is the SE only top insert for the 05 SEEG. ??? ::)

Can you get them for us in Brushed Silver Don? ::) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »

Couldn't find a good picture.  This is what they look like:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 11:05:45 PM »

d'uh, it actually reads "Screamin Eagle" "Electra Glide."  No SERK here....  :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 25 queries.