Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anyone heard about the defective fuel pressure device in the tank??  (Read 5162 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Anyone heard about the defective fuel pressure device in the tank??
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »

Hey Beerman, same here, but actually its the Filter Shell PN 62229-08A pissed me off, was on a week trip in the Smokies and lovin it, no cell phone, almost no reg phone, middle no where, lost about 5 hours of ridin, towed to Smokie Mtns HD, wonderful people fixed in 30 min.  Acts as though no fuel, pumps fuel (recycle) in tank, dealer has had about 12 incidents.

Bill
Now, I really don't understand why the MoCo wouldn't just do a 're-call' on something that is failing to that extent and in turn create a whole heap of good feelings in the process.  What better way to spend some of your 'advertising budget' ?  :nixweiss:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »

Mine crapped out on me last week, supposedly defect fuel filter housing, caused major drop in fuel pressure. Dealer didn't have part in stock, on backorder, to their credit they pulled one out of an ultra on the floor and got me going same day.
From what I'm told problem is on pre 1-08 manufacture Touring bikes.
Not just touring bikes.  Firend's wifey had one fail on her '08 Dyna Street Bob - purchased in Jan 08.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 10:30:19 AM »

Now, I really don't understand why the MoCo wouldn't just do a 're-call' on something that is failing to that extent and in turn create a whole heap of good feelings in the process.  What better way to spend some of your 'advertising budget' ?  :nixweiss:  spyder

spyder, you have to remember that this is the same company that has already proven that they don't care about current customers.  Do you remember all the crank failures that stranded folks on the early '07's, or the ACR failures?  I don't remember seeing a bulletin on those either.  You would normally expect to see something issued on problems that have the potential to cause strandings or even accidents (sudden loss of propulsion can be deadly in heavy traffic).  Not necessarily a "recall", but a quick bulletin to the dealers instructing them to notify owners with suspect build dates might be a start toward proving they actually care whether we live or die.  Other manufacturer's put this kind of information out to their dealers on a regular basis, why not Harley? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 04:06:31 PM »

Just got a call from my dealer today. Mo Co is shipping new fuel pump units beginning next week. My problems lied with inaccurate fuel gauge and service writer said i had a fuel pump assembly which would go bad, therefore they are replacing the whole enchilada under warranty.. I'm good with that.  :P
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.