Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO Springer needs a new exhaust for performance - please advise  (Read 1873 times)

CVO_springer_2008

Hi,

I have been searching for a new exhaust system for my 2008 CVO springer, the bike has a little lag down low but really cranks over 4500prm. We are getting 113-Horse Power atm but Im looking for a system that will let the bike perform better overall.

Running a SERT, SE stage iv kit, big cams, flattops, V&H big shot staggered 2 into 2.

I am looking for a chrome pipe that look ok, nothing too flashy but a real performer. The sound atm is LOUD - nice but not a really exciting option on long trip so I would like to tone it down a little but not lose the HD sound.

My research has got me to the following two options.[list=1]
  • V&H 2 into 1 Hi pro - comes in black only hence I would rap them for an old school effect

Supertrap supermeg 2 into 1 - comes in chrome

I have not been able to get answers on the actual performance if I upgraded to one of these pipes.

Can anyone with experience on this please advise which way would be the best option or if there is an alternative better system?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Jay

CVO Spriger 2008, SE Stage IV, SE 58TB, SE264, SERT, R&B 2:1, CCC & Pingle shifter for a little fun.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: CVO Springer needs a new exhaust for performance - please advise
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »

Not much help answering your questions, but I can say for looks the big radius 2 into 1 from V&H has to be the coolest looking setup I have seen.
I want a CVO Springer just so I can put that pipe on it. 
Sounds like you have a good start for performance and the CVO springer is a very cool bike.
Good Luck!

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »

Your pipes and likely the tune are murdering performance
The stage IV kit is big and you need pipes that actually scavenge to utilize the breathing potential of the other components or it will be soggy down low with reversion and not HP well on top. You need a custom tune and no canned map will be even close after the pipe is changed. When it's all said and done the cam is overly large and the same hp and more low end torque and snap can be had with a little shorter grind with less overlap.
Consider:
Thunderheader
Stock head pipes and Cycle Shack slip-ons with about 4 extra holes added to the baffles
D&D Boarzilla quiet baffle (it is not quiet just not obnoxious)
Bassani Pro Streets or Road Rage
Don't see any V&H offerings I would use in this case

davidhanoi

• david hanoi

• CVO1: 2009 cvo springer
    • www.endo.vn
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »

Your pipes and likely the tune are murdering performance
The stage IV kit is big and you need pipes that actually scavenge to utilize the breathing potential of the other components or it will be soggy down low with reversion and not HP well on top. You need a custom tune and no canned map will be even close after the pipe is changed. When it's all said and done the cam is overly large and the same hp and more low end torque and snap can be had with a little shorter grind with less overlap.
Consider:
Thunderheader
Stock head pipes and Cycle Shack slip-ons with about 4 extra holes added to the baffles
D&D Boarzilla quiet baffle (it is not quiet just not obnoxious)
Bassani Pro Streets or Road Rage
Don't see any V&H offerings I would use in this case

frankly speaking the CVO doesnt need any aftermarket pipes..i also believe everything already PIMPED by CVO and any addotions will make things out of sync

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 25 queries.