Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bitobu vs Ohlins shock  (Read 6757 times)

pedesultra

Bitobu vs Ohlins shock
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:56:12 AM »

Interested in an upgrade to the Rear shocks on my 08 SEUC. Anyone using the Ohlins shocks? How would they compare to the Bitubo's? I am pretty sure we will go with the Traxxion AK-20 Cartridge kit for the front. Trying to finalize my thoughts on the rear - Shocks and possible Bagger Brace.

Key Questions:
1) Anyone experience Saddle bag rub from the Nitrogen / oil canister on the Bitubo's?
2) Performance of the Bitubo vs Ohlins
3) If upgrade the shocks, is the Bagger Brace still needed?

Thanks!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Bitobu vs Ohlins shock
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »

If a pre 09 FLH with Bitubos, Traxxion and a TruTrak/RideStr8/whatever brace and new swingarm bushings will still wobble in a curve then throwing more money at a set of Ohlins to eliminate that issue is a waste of money.
IMHO!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »

Interested in an upgrade to the Rear shocks on my 08 SEUC. Anyone using the Ohlins shocks? How would they compare to the Bitubo's? I am pretty sure we will go with the Traxxion AK-20 Cartridge kit for the front. Trying to finalize my thoughts on the rear - Shocks and possible Bagger Brace.

Key Questions:
1) Anyone experience Saddle bag rub from the Nitrogen / oil canister on the Bitubo's?
2) Performance of the Bitubo vs Ohlins
3) If upgrade the shocks, is the Bagger Brace still needed?

Thanks!

I have Ohlins on my 2010 CVO UC and Bitubos on my 2009 CVO UC. I did get rub on the saddlebags using Bitubos but after consulting with Traxxion Dynamics, they told me to mount the Bitubos with the cartridges on the rear side of the shocks and that solved the problem. As far as performance difference, they are fairly comparable to each other. 

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »

If Traxxion is doing the install at their shop of the AK20's with your bike, I would get rear shocks from them also.   That way, if you are not satisfied with something, they can't blame "your" rear shocks.  FWIW..

pedesultra

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »

If Traxxion is doing the install at their shop of the AK20's with your bike, I would get rear shocks from them also.   That way, if you are not satisfied with something, they can't blame "your" rear shocks.  FWIW..

I would agree with that. I am very familiar with the Ohlins products and have been VERY happy in the past with Ohlins stuff. I am not too familiar with Bitubo so inquiring minds want to know!! If Ohlins and Bitubo are comprable in performance, I would agree that 1 stop shopping would be benificial and provide (hopefully) leverage if I have any issues.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »

I would agree with that. I am very familiar with the Ohlins products and have been VERY happy in the past with Ohlins stuff. I am not too familiar with Bitubo so inquiring minds want to know!! If Ohlins and Bitubo are comprable in performance, I would agree that 1 stop shopping would be benificial and provide (hopefully) leverage if I have any issues.

I think it's not likely you could find a noticeable difference between the Ohlins and Bitubo shocks...both offer superior performance. 

I suspect the new Penkse rear shock's will also offer outstanding performance.  I believe Traxxion either does - or will - carry the new Penske shock.  (I have no experience with the Penske shock, nor do I know anyone who has this shock, but based on track record, I bet they will be spectacular...in both performance and expense!)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Traxxion Dynamics

• Vendor
    • Motorcycle Suspension
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »

We have no trouble with the Bitubos rubbing on the bags if installed properly.

We are Ohlins and Penske dealers as well, so we have ya covered either way you want to go.

Penske has a new shock in the pipeline. They currently range in price from $999.95 to over $2000.

:jalapeno:

dan@traxxion.com
Traxxion Dynamics Inc.
motorcyle suspension

jcd520

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

I have an 01 bagger with AK-20's in the front, Bitubos in the rear, and the Phoenix Customs bagger brace. I have ridden the new bikes many times and frankly am not  sure my old one doesn't handle as well. I am completely sold on both Traxxion and Bagger Brace. These two items produced  the most dynamic change in my bike of all the mods I have done. The engine upgrade was for sure second. I could literally feel the difference in my bike after the bagger brace addition when I backed it off the lift before even starting the motor.

pedesultra

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

I have an 01 bagger with AK-20's in the front, Bitubos in the rear, and the Phoenix Customs bagger brace. I have ridden the new bikes many times and frankly am not  sure my old one doesn't handle as well. I am completely sold on both Traxxion and Bagger Brace. These two items produced  the most dynamic change in my bike of all the mods I have done. The engine upgrade was for sure second. I could literally feel the difference in my bike after the bagger brace addition when I backed it off the lift before even starting the motor.

Thanks for the info. I contacted Traxxion today and have a date scheduled to drop off my bike for the full monty! I also have decided to get me one of them bagger braces to boot. Looking forward to the improvements. I have spent $$$Hundreds and Hundreds of dollars on off road racing suspension stuff and never a cent on my street bikes. This is going to be pretty sweet! :orange: :orange: :orange:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:37:23 PM »

Thanks for the info. I contacted Traxxion today and have a date scheduled to drop off my bike for the full monty! I also have decided to get me one of them bagger braces to boot. Looking forward to the improvements. I have spent $$$Hundreds and Hundreds of dollars on off road racing suspension stuff and never a cent on my street bikes. This is going to be pretty sweet! :orange: :orange: :orange:

I think you're gonna be happy!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.