Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley boom  (Read 2339 times)

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
Harley boom
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »

Is harleys new boom kit 4 speakers 2 bass ports and a amp the same kit that comes stock on the CVO electraglide

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: Harley boom
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »

Having installed the kit, and having seen the bike in question, I can confirm that the amp is the same.

However, it appears that they did not install the upgraded speakers from the kit on the 2011 Ultra Classic Electra Glide CVO.  If they did, they changed the look and appearance of the speaker with a fabric cover of some sort to make it look like the stock speakers I had on my Limited.  The speakers on the CVO distorted earlier as you increased volume as well, further confirming my thoughts that they are the standard stock speakers HD uses.

The bass ports are not installed on this bike either.

The speakers from this kit are installed on the 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO (rear pods) and the bass ports are not installed on this bike either.

One thing you might want to be aware of, the kit does not include the CVO amp cable cover and looks bad without it -- there are bare wires showing.

To get the same clean look as the CVO, order and install part # 73306-07 (Cover, Amplifier Cable) - runs about $9-10 depending on your parts guy.  They really ought to have included this in the kit.

Also, make sure to have your amp flashed to change the EQ curves to match the installation with bass ports.  Without the flash, you'll lose about 80% of the bass improvement that the ports offer.  My amp from the kit did not come pre-configured with the bass ports in mind.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:58:55 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 05:16:10 AM »

Well I ask to late already installed on bike by a friend a hd dealer he flashed the bike for the bass ports no charge I see what you mean by the wires thank for your input

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:17:10 AM »

Never too late to ask.  :)

As it is, you got the best components of both bikes combined.  :2vrolijk_21:

I'm really happy with the way the setup sounds and you can always order the cover later and install it.  It doesn't require you to disassemble anything to install.  You may have to clip a tie wrap to get it on and re-secure - all depends on how tightly the cable harness was routed.

Glad you got the flash for no charge.  Always good to hear of dealers that don't nickle and dime you to death.
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Chromed Out

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:13:24 PM »

Well, I have a 2011 CVO Electra Glide and I can assure you the bass ports are not installed.  I've been thinking about doing that and upgrading the speakers, just not sure if I should use the HD speakers

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:15:11 PM »

Well, I have a 2011 CVO Electra Glide and I can assure you the bass ports are not installed.  I've been thinking about doing that and upgrading the speakers, just not sure if I should use the HD speakers

Doh, my mistake.  Will edit the above.  Just when you think your mind is getting sharper, something comes along and tells you it was just a dream.  ;D  Must have gotten my memories crossed between when I was looking at the Road Glide CVO which showed up a couple weeks after the Electra Glide sold.  However, since now I can't remember where I saw them outside of my own bike, I'll just play it safe.

Edit 2/17/2011:  Went down and took a look at the FLTRUSE and confirmed that it does not have the bass ports installed.  Edited the above post for additional accuracy.  Now I'm just scratchin' my head wondering where I saw them.  Maybe it was in a dream.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:02:01 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3

2011 FLHTK
V&H ThrottlePak
Chromed Out

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »

Thanks for the info I have had the bike back from the dealer for about three weeks have got to ride it to give it a real test salt on road here in cinsinasti bike was picket up-delivered for free

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.