Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Measuring sobriety  (Read 1007 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Measuring sobriety
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »

do ya get the feeling that the cop set that poor alky up? :oops:

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »

Probaly just an inner ear / balance problem. :nixweiss:

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:47:36 PM »

he is drunk and he has to deal with it.
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Trimster

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 99 FXR2
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:40:39 PM »

That's what ya call a nose dive  :o
Al

deekay

• Elite CVO Member
  • 06 Fatboy SE

• CVO1: 06 CVO Fatboy Vance and Hines Long Shots SE race tuner SE aircleaner SE pussy pad
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »

looks a lot like me when I was a young bloke, I would like to say I have learned my lesson but sometimes not sure, :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:59:51 AM »

I was talking to a guy a couple of weeks ago and he said that in 1985 he was in Ventura with some coworkers for dinner and happy hour. Over the course of three hours he had one shot of Jack and two Budweisers. On the way over to his friends he gets pulled over and the cop asks if he had been drinking. The guy tells the truth and says yes. So the cop gets him out of the car and asks him to say the entire English alphabet backwards from Z to A. The guy does it without fail. The cop gives him a walk and balance test which he passes without fail. The cop then hauls him down to the hospital to have blood drawn for a bac test. After waiting in the ER for two and half hours behind emergency cases, the cop cites him and kicks him free. Although he never had blood drawn and was never tested, he plead guilty in court, paid the fine, went to traffic school and that was that.

Hell I can't say the alphabet forward, let alone even think about doing it backwards.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 02:15:46 AM »

I'd be suspect of the story Ironhorse, even if the sample is taken after two hours one of those forensic science folks is able to determine the BAC at the time of the vehicle stop.

It's rare that blood is taken too unless they are involved in a crash and are going to the hospital anyway, breath machines are (and were) the way to go.... even back then.

Id also suggest that not many people can recite the alphabet backwards either.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:20:37 AM by murphy »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 10:24:52 AM »

Hey Murph,

I'd agree with you except for one thing, he recited the whole alphabet backwards from Z to A in front of me, and he did it as easy as you and I do going forwards. It was damn impressive!!!

Also, I have no reason to doubt his truthfulness. Without revealing too much, he works in  a position that holds public trust and requires him to have a security clearance. I was doing his background investigation which dredges up EVERYTHING from traffic violations from decades ago to being late on credit card payments. So he knew that lack of candor, or lack of truthfulness on his part in any area would only bring more scrutiny. I'm NO expert, but I've done enough of these to have a pretty good feel for when a guy is not being forthright and honest with me.

Anyway I got way off topic. I'm not saying he was not imparied, and he didn't say that he was not imparied either. In fact he plead guilty in front of the judge and took what the court sentenced him to. Hell the cop probably knew he was impaired that is why he had him do all those roadside tests. The cop probably wished he had one of those blow-n-go breathalyzers in his radio car when he stopped him in the first place. I just found it interesting that he was easily able to recite the alphabet backwards.

Ride Safe.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 26 queries.