Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ultra Classic Garage Door Opener... again....  (Read 4846 times)

NH Bulldog

• Full CVO Member
    • NH

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
Re: Ultra Classic Garage Door Opener... again....
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

Just did a quick check with my friend.  He said the newer models of Overhead Door brand openers come with one of two types of wall switches.  One is an Advanced Function Switch and the other is a Basic Function Switch.  If you have an advanced switch, it is not compatible with the Harley opener control and connecting to those wires will not allow the Harley control to work. 

However, if you follow the wall switch wires back to the terminal board on the opener itself, there should be six screws.  One pair is for the safety and should say "STB" (Safe-T-Beam).  One pair should say BWC (Basic Wall Control) and the last should say AWC (Advanced Wall Control).  Connect the two Harley opener control wires (one red, one black) directly to the opener terminals for "BWC".  There is no need to touch any of the other wires.  At this point, the wall switch should still work and the Harley opener control should now work.         
2017 CVO Limited - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue with Wicked Sapphire
Red Knights MAL

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 05:25:13 PM »

Just did a quick check with my friend.  He said the newer models of Overhead Door brand openers come with one of two types of wall switches.  One is an Advanced Function Switch and the other is a Basic Function Switch.  If you have an advanced switch, it is not compatible with the Harley opener control and connecting to those wires will not allow the Harley control to work. 

However, if you follow the wall switch wires back to the terminal board on the opener itself, there should be six screws.  One pair is for the safety and should say "STB" (Safe-T-Beam).  One pair should say BWC (Basic Wall Control) and the last should say AWC (Advanced Wall Control).  Connect the two Harley opener control wires (one red, one black) directly to the opener terminals for "BWC".  There is no need to touch any of the other wires.  At this point, the wall switch should still work and the Harley opener control should now work.         

I wasn't sure if he could use both sets of terminals at the same time, but if that will work then he should be good to go.  The Chamberlain openers, including the ones they make for Craftsman and several others, don't have the second set of terminals.

Wiring diagram attached.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Firewalker

• Firewalker.
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 non-CVO Road King Classic
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »

Gentlemen, 'VT Bulldog, and GRC; Thank you for taking an interest in this perplexing and very frustrating problem. The door opener I have in indeed an Overhead Door unit. It is the Odyssey 1000 and was installed a couple of months ago, about May or June 2012.
Thank you for any and all help you can give me...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 26 queries.