Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heavy Breather  (Read 1723 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Heavy Breather
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:07:55 AM »

Thinking about a heavy breather kit for my 2011 SESG...Can't remember if I have seen one that fits on a bike with lowers and speakers..does it exist?

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: Heavy Breather
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:51 AM »

What about the New HD Agitator, they match the wheels.
Good picture in reply #17

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=79849.0;all

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:36 AM »

Thinking about a heavy breather kit for my 2011 SESG...Can't remember if I have seen one that fits on a bike with lowers and speakers..does it exist?

Haven't seen one that claims to fit with speakers, but there are two versions of the HB.  The only difference on the one for bikes with lowers is a shorter filter element.  I suppose if someone needed another quarter inch or so to clear speakers they could check with K&N and see if they have an even shorter element.  At some point however, further shortening of the filter is bound to reduce flow and the appearance will suffer as well.

Latest from the H-D catalog:

28716-10A
Fits '08-later Touring models equipped with Fairing Lower Glove Boxes (except models equipped with fairing lower speakers). Street legal when used with Original Equipment throttle body. Also fits with 58mm Throttle Body P/N 27713-08 and 27639-07A.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »

Haven't seen one that claims to fit with speakers, but there are two versions of the HB.  The only difference on the one for bikes with lowers is a shorter filter element.  I suppose if someone needed another quarter inch or so to clear speakers they could check with K&N and see if they have an even shorter element.  At some point however, further shortening of the filter is bound to reduce flow and the appearance will suffer as well.

Latest from the H-D catalog:

28716-10A
Fits '08-later Touring models equipped with Fairing Lower Glove Boxes (except models equipped with fairing lower speakers). Street legal when used with Original Equipment throttle body. Also fits with 58mm Throttle Body P/N 27713-08 and 27639-07A.

Jerry

That's the one I was looking for..Thanks Jerry...

Do you think it comes that close to the speakers?? Anybody ever seen it on a bike with lower speakers???

paddockdrive

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock (sold)
    • CVO2: FLTRXSE2 Atomic Orange
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »

Here's some pics from another thread showing the shorter filter with lowers.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=68666.0

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »

Here's some pics from another thread showing the shorter filter with lowers.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=68666.0

Lowers--yes...lowers with speakers--no......from what I hear, it won't work with lowers with speakers.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »

I've also been told the Heavy Breather won't work with lowers/speakers.

I've seen some people who angle the HB down so that it's not mounted horizontally, but at about a 120 degree angle so that it's end is below the speaker housing.  It should function the same, just looks a little funky.  I don't think I would do it, personally.

gtaboyz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Diamond Black Inferno Orange SESG

• CVO1: '04 SEEG Orange / Black
    • CVO2: '10 SESG Tequilla Sunrise
    • CVO3: '11 SESG Diamond Black / Inferno Orange
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »

I currently have the Heavy Breather on my 11 SESG but had to remove the lowers. I tried the shorter version and it was still hitting the speaker grills. I figured if I was going to remove the lowers and use the Heavy Breather I would use the regular length version, the short one looked stupid plus less filter surface/air flow. I kept my stock 110 breather to put back on if I ever chose to run with the lowers. Just is too warm in Florida to run with the lowers on.
So Far....120.5HP/120.5TQ....Screamin' Eagle Pro110 Upgrade, 10.5:1 High Compression Pistons, SE-259E Cams, Baisley Adjustable Pushrods, Baisley Heads, SE 58mm Throttle Body, SE High Flow Injectors, High Performance Clutch Spring, SE Pro Super Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, D&D Fat Cat 2:1 Exhaust w/ Left Side Falsie, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome 1.4KW Starter, HD Saddle Bag Lid Speakers w/ Rear Amp, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak, Custom Alligator Seat, Dakota Digital Hidden Antenna, Zumo 665, +++

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.