Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Day Maker Headlamps for Road Glide...everyone happy?  (Read 7854 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Day Maker Headlamps for Road Glide...everyone happy?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »

Yup, and unfortunately the few I've seen so far have a pretty bad "dazzle" affect for the oncoming drivers.  I don't know if that's just poor beam control, or poor aim, but it's not a desireable thing IMHO.  You can see the same thing in some of the pics people have been posting on the site.  Being visible is great, blinding oncoming traffic is not.  I implore folks to make sure they aim these things properly.  Old guys like me have a harder time with glare at night, and you really don't want me drifting over into your lane because I can't see.

Jerry

Your right Jerry.  I had the LED light and passing lights on my 2010 Ultra, a couple friends brought that to my attention that were riding in front of me.  You absolutley have to be responsible and take the time to adjust the lights so they don't blind people.  You want to be seen, but not that way!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

The DayMakers are Awesome!!! 'Will have to re-adjust them as am in process of installing the late model fairing brackets
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

I pissed off a few tractor trailers Tuesday nite. They thought it was funny to turn on their cargo lights to try and blind me as I was coming up on them. So.......on went the high beams and led spots and they suddenly changed their mind

Go figure?

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »

I pissed off a few tractor trailers Tuesday nite. They thought it was funny to turn on their cargo lights to try and blind me as I was coming up on them. So.......on went the high beams and led spots and they suddenly changed their mind

Go figure?

Rich

Did you consider that maybe they turned on those lights to let you know your lights were blinding them in their mirrors?  Or are you saying there was a big conspiracy among several different truck drivers to mess with you? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 11:08:34 PM »

Great idea messing with an 18-wheeler when you are on 2. :-\

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »

I put the Black Daymaker on my Convertible and love it, much better light and also looks pretty cool!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »

I had the fairing lifted on my 09, so to accommodate the lower fairings. It also changed the angle a hair or 2. Does the angle change make the lights aim higher ?  I did not consider the problems the lights could cause to on coming traffic and the folks in front of me. I have yet to ride my scoot at night since I have installed the Daymakers.  Still a little cool here at night...............................Fuzz 
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »

I had the fairing lifted on my 09, so to accommodate the lower fairings. It also changed the angle a hair or 2. Does the angle change make the lights aim higher ?  I did not consider the problems the lights could cause to on coming traffic and the folks in front of me. I have yet to ride my scoot at night since I have installed the Daymakers.  Still a little cool here at night...............................Fuzz 

Probably did. I would follow the alignment procedure to be on the safe side.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 25 queries.