Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mustang Touring Seat  (Read 3207 times)

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
Mustang Touring Seat
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »

Being I really like the traditional look that "TinCup64" has on his ride,  I was thinking about putting on the "Regal Touring Mustang Seat" that I had on my 09 RK. Does anyone know if the riders backrest will fit on the CVO RK like it did on the standard RK?

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Mustang Touring Seat
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »

Being I really like the traditional look that "TinCup64" has on his ride,  I was thinking about putting on the "Regal Touring Mustang Seat" that I had on my 09 RK. Does anyone know if the riders backrest will fit on the CVO RK like it did on the standard RK?

thanks simpleman!

i don't know the answer, but id i had to guess - i would say yes.  it's still the same frame.

tin

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »

I won't be home till Friday but I'm picking up a standard windshield on the way and I already have the seat. I will put them on when I get there. I guess I'll go to the dealership either enroute or at home and price out the auxiliary lights. I'm looking forward to getting it set up!

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »

you'll love them.  send a pic when done.  looking forward to hearing how the seat fits.

tin

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 04:04:02 PM »

Update on the "Mustang Seat", fits like a champ. Actually, it seems that it moved me a little closer to the handle bars and up about an inch. So those out there that were at your limits for reach to the ground, The Regal Touring seat may not be what you need. I am attaching a photo, I have a drivers back rest but haven't had time to install it yet

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:07:40 PM »

Update on the "Mustang Seat", fits like a champ. Actually, it seems that it moved me a little closer to the handle bars and up about an inch. So those out there that were at your limits for reach to the ground, The Regal Touring seat may not be what you need. I am attaching a photo, I have a drivers back rest but haven't had time to install it yet

If it is as comfortable as it looks, it's going to be a great seat.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »

Oh it is comfortable especially with the drivers backrest

Berella

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:07 AM »

Did you have to remove the strips off the back fender when you changed to the mustang?  I am thinking about getting a lowdown seat or vintage solo with rider bikerest and passenger pad because I am vertically challenged but really did not want to remove those strips.

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

I used the HD drivers backrest. What I did was get a couple of nylon spacers from Lowes to keep the mounting bracket from contacting the chrome strips. I just left them in place. My Mustang seat is a one piece unit. I hope that helps.

donzrx

• Don-01
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 07:37:44 AM »

The seat looks great. What passenger backrest did you use?  Are you able to post a picture of how the spacers are installed.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »

I drilled out the spacers on the passenger seat and mounted them over just so they did not touch the Pieces on the fender. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.