Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Boom 1.19.0 is available  (Read 59491 times)

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
Re: Boom 1.19.0 is available
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2015, 06:11:55 AM »

Glad I got a Road King.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2015, 08:24:17 AM »

Still watching and trying to decide to update, my AVC is working already...
Will

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »

Glad I got a Road King.
Nice bike PUMA!
Sometimes I think all this high tech is just a pain in the butt too! Especially when my wife makes me hook up the sena so she can tell me when she is out of gas or needs to pee!
On the other hand I do enjoy the INSANE sound system on this bike! Besides, don't let all these issues scare you... it took all of 5 minutes to do this update and it worked first time for me.

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2015, 11:55:16 AM »

I updated to 1.19.0 last night - piece of cake and fixed a few gremlins (I think - as it has only been one day).

RIDE ON..........

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2015, 09:23:03 PM »

Nice bike PUMA!
Sometimes I think all this high tech is just a pain in the butt too! Especially when my wife makes me hook up the sena so she can tell me when she is out of gas or needs to pee!
On the other hand I do enjoy the INSANE sound system on this bike! Besides, don't let all these issues scare you... it took all of 5 minutes to do this update and it worked first time for me.
Thanks High. I do love it and I'm sure if I had a CVO SG like yours I'd love it, too. Sometimes I would probably ride without the tunes on, though. There's something about going out early on some empty rural roads and just hearing the roar of the wind and the rumble of the exhaust. I also believe you that the issues are minor and easily fixed most of the time, and while I like to escape from it all, I'm reasonably tech savvy. Ride safe.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Snakepit

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2015, 11:17:30 PM »

My AVC is now working on setting 1 or 2. It does not work when set higher. I am satisfied with this though. Also when I start the bike in the garage the display goes dark even though I don't have the setting on automatic. It then takes about 10 minutes of driving before the brightness increases again. weird.
1973 Norton Commando
2015 CVO Limited

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2015, 12:49:05 AM »

Thanks High. I do love it and I'm sure if I had a CVO SG like yours I'd love it, too. Sometimes I would probably ride without the tunes on, though. There's something about going out early on some empty rural roads and just hearing the roar of the wind and the rumble of the exhaust. I also believe you that the issues are minor and easily fixed most of the time, and while I like to escape from it all, I'm reasonably tech savvy. Ride safe.
Yea there is something to be said about running the way you are too... without a windshield can often be quieter than with one and even with a fairing! I love the wind and the way yours is setup you probably just get a nice soft white noise sound at high speed. Enjoy!
I often just shut the music off and listen to everything else!

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »

Snake pit...read your post about not working higher then 2 on AVC...tried mine, raised from 2 to 3...what do you know, doesn't work. Waiting for NEXT update!  Lol :nixweiss:
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

Snakepit

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2015, 02:24:33 PM »

yes. But working on #2 is fine for me. I'll take it!  :orange:
1973 Norton Commando
2015 CVO Limited

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »

I discovered yesterday that my avc only works on setting 1&2 not 3&4
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:08:41 PM by windjammer »

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2015, 12:42:58 AM »

I upgraded the infotainment system on May 22nd and all seemed fine. However, I noticed that the system doesn't always boot up when trying to turn on accessory mode. I have to turn on the ignition switch, then turn it off and that will then allow me to activate the accessory mode. This doesn't happen every time but it's enough to know that this is an error within the upgrade.

I've also had trouble turning off the system while it's in accessory mode. I have to power down the infotainment system from the hard button on the dash. The screen will change to the HD logo and clock. I then turn on the ignition switch, turn off the ignition switch and that will power down the entire system.

Quirks are common with technology and often frustrating, but for me the sounds and features outweigh the quirks. Looking forward to the next update.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2015, 06:18:54 AM »

I upgraded the infotainment system on May 22nd and all seemed fine. However, I noticed that the system doesn't always boot up when trying to turn on accessory mode. I have to turn on the ignition switch, then turn it off and that will then allow me to activate the accessory mode. This doesn't happen every time but it's enough to know that this is an error within the upgrade.

I've also had trouble turning off the system while it's in accessory mode. I have to power down the infotainment system from the hard button on the dash. The screen will change to the HD logo and clock. I then turn on the ignition switch, turn off the ignition switch and that will power down the entire system.

Quirks are common with technology and often frustrating, but for me the sounds and features outweigh the quirks. Looking forward to the next update.
This sounds like the accy/trip button is bad. I've read some threads on another site saying it's getting to get someone common.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2015, 12:11:56 PM »

download fixed my AVC but now the fade front to rear returns to center everytime I kill bike and I have to reset it, wife does not enjoy outlaw country ch 60 much as I do.

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »

This sounds like the accy/trip button is bad. I've read some threads on another site saying it's getting to get someone common.
OBB, thanks for your suggestion; I hadn’t considered the accessory/trip button being bad. However, I don’t necessarily agree that it is that button.
Prior to the recent upgrade, the accessory switch worked fine. Since the upgrade, the switch usually works. When it doesn’t, I proceed through the steps I listed above and it works again.

Although I’m not an IT person, like most people, I live, work and play in a world of circuitry. I’ve found that when something that previously worked fine malfunctions after an upgrade it is usually related to that recent upgrade whether it was adding new hardware, tweaking a setting, a firmware update or a new software version.

Since I didn’t save the prior software upgrade file, I cannot revert back to the previous version to check my theory, so I will have the accessory switch checked by the dealer, can’t hurt. Thanks again for the input.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »

Both my left and right switch housings had to be replaced.  Harley may have gotten a bad batch of switches.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.