Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: which works best  (Read 3713 times)

5-0king

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

which works best
« on: October 21, 2016, 09:48:56 PM »

Greetings all.  I am a new member from Nebraska having hard time trying to settle in on an exhaust system.  Currently I have my mind set on a 2-1-2 system.  Which works best a crossover or h pipe type head pipe?  Is there a significant difference in perform between the two systems mention and a 2-1 on stock or mild builds?

Any information given will be greatly appreciated and thanks for the time spent reading my request for help.

GBR

Ed

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
Re: which works best
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 12:03:28 AM »

Greetings all.  I am a new member from Nebraska having hard time trying to settle in on an exhaust system.  Currently I have my mind set on a 2-1-2 system.  Which works best a crossover or h pipe type head pipe?  Is there a significant difference in perform between the two systems mention and a 2-1 on stock or mild builds?

Any information given will be greatly appreciated and thanks for the time spent reading my request for help.

GBR

Ed
Don't know what kind and or year bike you have and if you have bags with a cut out for pipes. I have D and D Fat Cat 2 into 1 with a ghost pipe; pretty good in the HP and TQ  department with great sound, but that's my opinion.

5-0king

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 10:52:33 PM »

It's 15 RG with stock engine and S&S air cleaner.  I've read that the fatcat is pretty loud.  Does it mellow out at cruising speeds?

Thanks

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 11:20:27 PM »

It's 15 RG with stock engine and S&S air cleaner.  I've read that the fatcat is pretty loud.  Does it mellow out at cruising speeds?

Thanks

103 or 110?
Other than air cleaner, no other mods?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 11:09:31 AM »

Thanks
The mufflers have 3 different levels if memory serves me correctly, even so call D and D Exhaust because I know they can tell you which baffle is louder than the other. I don't consider my pipes loud, but they are not stock pipe either.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 11:12:37 AM »

The mufflers have 3 different levels if memory serves me correctly, even so call D and D Exhaust because I know they can tell you which baffle is louder than the other. I don't consider my pipes loud, but they are not stock pipe either.

For milder builds, their newer vortex wrapped baffle is a good choice per Leonard @ Dand D
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

5-0king

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 10:19:56 PM »

Engine is a stock 103 with no other mods beside the air cleaner.

Thanks for the replies.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 02:43:57 PM »

GBR

Ed

Pretty pleased with Steve @ Fullsac's DX pipe. Makes god numbers, well engineered.  Lot of guys here are running that pipe and that's what Ed my tuner recommended as he has tuned several with that pipe . 
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 12:02:41 PM »

Engine is a stock 103 with no other mods beside the air cleaner.

Thanks for the replies.

IME with a stage 1.   Header choice isn't that critical, and you would be hard pressed to find one header that would really out shine the others.  Mufflers are a bit of a different story, and the main difference of size will affect the power more then the name brand.

Durwood

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Sheffer Performance H-D
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 12:46:48 PM »

I would use a Fullsac DX with a proven set of performance slip on mufflers, which are many, and a good dyno tune.

Here's a good example, 2015 CVO RGU, Red with V&H Dresser duals and 4" Rinehart mufflers, Blue is with a Fullsac DX and Crushers.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 01:49:16 PM »

Did you tune the VH's or is that how it came in?

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »

Kinda looks like a bogus comparison simply because the V&H graphs indicate an untuned EFI.
There shouldn't be that much difference between the 2 systems, especially concerning peak numbers.
JME, Bob

Durwood

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Sheffer Performance H-D
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 02:50:02 PM »

Did you tune the VH's or is that how it came in?
That's how it came in, with a dealer tune. This guy didn't want to pay for the dyno time to tune both combinations.
It's common knowledge that the Dresser duals are probably the worst head pipe on the market.

Kinda looks like a bogus comparison simply because the V&H graphs indicate an untuned EFI.
There shouldn't be that much difference between the 2 systems, especially concerning peak numbers.
JME, Bob
I wouldn't call it bogus Bob, the only reason I did the comparison is the guy wanted to know where he was before we swapped the pipes and tuned it, this was the result.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »

That's how it came in, with a dealer tune. This guy didn't want to pay for the dyno time to tune both combinations.
It's common knowledge that the Dresser duals are probably the worst head pipe on the market.

Can't argue that, but it is a 2-2 system.  Amazing how the basic same pipe design can really come around with a share chamber of some sort that makes it H pipe.

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 03:06:49 PM »

Only bogus because it appears to be a comparison of exhaust systems (per OP) or at best, how crappy the dealer "tune" was? Lol
Bob
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.