Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: 110 engine issues  (Read 17623 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: 110 engine issues
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »

Hey KingDog, since you first post was in the middle of this one, you might want to copy it and start a new post, get a clean start at you questions! 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »

Chip untie the panties and get over what ever it is.

I know your 120 is faster than my ultra so what does that prove you spent more money paying someone to work on the engine big deal ....   That is good for you and it proves what nothing other than you paid a named guy to work on your bike.   

Harry
You silly boy!
Funny you bring up Hubbard and Hogasm.
You better get you some more Wheaties to play with them
I was referring to another dusting by a 120.
I was talking about that 04SEEG that dusted your drawers with that 120 finely tuned motor.
What about a prototype cam drive for a 110.
Any truth to that rumour?
Might want to try it out.

:nixweiss:

UPDATED to say
Was an 04 SEEG not an 05
Damn thing was so fast that it was just a blur
Right Harry :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:31:32 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »

Yup played with Phil also and lost big deal it was playing.   If I decide to go to 10.5 to 1 I will try a new cam or if andrews lets me know when their 110 replacement is ready I will give that a shot.

Btw its better to quote Phil Directly as its an 04 pumpkin not an 05 bike.

I still don't see what this has to do with helping people.   Funny you list a whole lot of people and a few of them I helped with their configs .... 

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2007, 10:33:32 PM »

As my wife would say, "the testosterone is getting thick in here" :D  Let's all pump out our chests and see who has the baddest bike.  8) If that's your bag of rice and you got the bucks to do it, I say more power to ya.  Who cares who can blow who's doors off?  :nixweiss: At the end of the day, we're all going to wind up in the same place, so does it really matter who gets there first?  Let's find out what the guy really expects or wants his bike to do and then recommend from there.   I'll be honest with you guys, you can blow my doors off every day with your 120's and 120 wannabes, I'll give you no challenge in that area.  I didn't buy my bike to drag race it. If that were the case, I would have bought a Destroyer not a CVO Ultra.  JMHO for whatever it's worth...and now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :-[
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Rhino

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »

Yep you guessed it... I AM NEW TO THIS SITE.. A lot of good stuff and advice here. Maybe you guys can give me your advice on some mild engine mods I am looking to do. I have the 07' SERK ( red ), my third CVO bike. I want to change out the exhaust with D & D Fatcats 2 into 1 with the ghost pipe on the left. Also the SERT, K&N air filter, and different cams. Just want it to perform like the 110 should from the factory without all the EPA choke holds. I understand that the MOCO just came out with a new piston for the 110 engine. It is a 10.25 to 1 compression and hard anodized Teflon impregnated for quieter and better durability. And if I have to take the heads off anyway I thought about changing to this piston. Is this a good idea? So now we have exhaust,SERT,K&N filter,correcting the clearances in the rocker boxes,cleaning up the heads and the new pistons; now which cams? I want to stay with HD parts so I am looking at the 251, 257 or 258 cams. Looking for something that has good torque around the low 2000's and good power up to or around 6000 rpm's. Something that would pull this heavy bike with two up or not and good power through the gears. Any technical help or advice would be appreciated.

Personally, I agree with you re: the 110 performance. Secondly, it sounds like your dealer is in the know. I am curious about the new pistons you say are avail. If so, that is good news. I agree with that mod, but at the same time a new cam would be important.  I have not seen one 110 with a changed cam yet, and I will be conservative., and wait a bit. There is good performance coming from the zippers cam 575, to which I am very partial because I know the guys, and as far as the Harley cams, I would think the 257 would be good, just becasue of the rumblings, but no actual expoerience with that one.  I am looking forward to someone being the guneau pig, and I think it will be zippers cams first.  Sorry I can't give you a confident yes, go ahead, but I cannot rightlyfully tell you to do things that I do not have personal FIRST HAND experience with. It sounds good, but hey, that' snot enough for me at this time.  Welcome to the board!!

Rhino(fasterjester)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2007, 11:04:57 PM »

As my wife would say, "the testosterone is getting thick in here" :D  Let's all pump out our chests and see who has the baddest bike.  8) If that's your bag of rice and you got the bucks to do it, I say more power to ya.  Who cares who can blow who's doors off?  :nixweiss: At the end of the day, we're all going to wind up in the same place, so does it really matter who gets there first?  Let's find out what the guy really expects or wants his bike to do and then recommend from there.   I'll be honest with you guys, you can blow my doors off every day with your 120's and 120 wannabes, I'll give you no challenge in that area.  I didn't buy my bike to drag race it. If that were the case, I would have bought a Destroyer not a CVO Ultra.  JMHO for whatever it's worth...and now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :-[
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

Charlie, I couldn't agree with you more. Although it is / was fun to 'play' with Rhino & Harry, that is not why I bought a TOURING motorcycle. I did the Power Commander and pipes for a little more 'pick-up' , sound and heat related problems. My two wheeled couch was not designed for the drag strip nor should it be. As HUBBARD would say "There endth the lesson."

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »

It may have been ok IF you posted IMHO, but you did not. Seemed like you were stating fact, and I take offense to your comments and choices, not so much who you included, but who you left out. IMHO, this post is turning into SH*&T, and we need to get back to the technical opinions.

Rhino

Aw hell, Rhino.  Chip is a legend in his own mind, but he wasn't even there.  That was probably just an oversight.  I'll step up and tell everyone your name should have been on the list.  Your 110 runs damn good, for sure.  So does Harry's.  You had to leave us before we finished the "6 Hour Tour", but me and Harry had a Blast out there, wherever in the hell we were.  We stretched 'em out, time and time again.  So did Michelle.  Ol' Maudie was slobberin', for sure, when I parked Her up that night, when I finally got back to the Hotel, at 10 freakin' o'clock!  :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2007, 09:26:58 PM »

I think this argument actually started a day after the 2nd powered vehicle was built . And you know it's this kind of thing that has made the sport what it is today. It's all about speed and power and who's is bigger, faster, better more. And you know something. It's all good. Just so long as no one feels it's crossed a line and gotten personal. And by that I don't mean throwin down the glove and challenging someone to a race. I mean sayin stuff that ain't about the racin. Yeah, the technical side of it is great and anyone wanting to build a better motor can pretty much read all over this site and see what best suits what they want. We've got folks who are into maximum effort for sure, but there's different kinds of power just like there's different kinds of racin. Who's faster ? John Force, 0 -320 mph in 4.2 seconds or that British guy that went 800 something miles an hour. Depends on how you look at it. 0-320 is the fastest acceleration known to man. A Navy FA-18 hits 180 with the aid of a steam powered catapault taking off from an aircraft carrier. So in that respect John Force is faster. But over a ( is it 3 or 5 mile ?) course the land speed record is more than twice that. So in that respect, that's faster. I think it's great to get into a little ole pissin contest every now and then. As I said, it began long before any of us, let's just respect where the other guy is coming from and we'll all be fine.

Just my $0.02

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »

Hey Carl,

Ya know it wouldnt have taken quite so long if someone didn't have to PEE all the time :)   Them 5 minute stops turned into a good bull chit session every time.   

I think we should rename the Crystal River Ride to the Bataan Death Ride.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2007, 09:44:45 PM »

It's funny to look at the top of the page and see who's watching here:

hard10, Silver-Black, lance711, ultrafxr, resqdoc, Hoist, ESJ JESTER, skippy, Fatboy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BTW HUB, I kept up the day before.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2007, 09:48:29 PM »

It's funny to look at the top of the page and see who's watching here:

hard10, Silver-Black, lance711, ultrafxr, resqdoc, Hoist, ESJ JESTER, skippy, Fatboy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BTW HUB, I kept up the day before.

Yeah, that's cause it's one of the few interesting threads in 2 days! ::) Anyone noticed it's been gettin' a little "mushy" around here. Go back to 'good ole days" of razzin' Hoist! I don't mind! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »

Aw hell, Rhino.  Chip is a legend in his own mind, but he wasn't even there.  That was probably just an oversight.  I'll step up and tell everyone your name should have been on the list.  Your 110 runs damn good, for sure.  So does Harry's.  You had to leave us before we finished the "6 Hour Tour", but me and Harry had a Blast out there, wherever in the hell we were.  We stretched 'em out, time and time again.  So did Michelle.  Ol' Maudie was slobberin', for sure, when I parked Her up that night, when I finally got back to the Hotel, at 10 freakin' o'clock!  :huepfenlol2: Later--HUBBARD 

Wasn't even there ???????????????
What you talking about Hubbard???
A new guy asked about modifications on his bike and I told him to ask the people on the list about their modifications.
Pay attention Hub.
That race gas fumes messing with your brain?
ERF to Carl!!!!

:nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2007, 09:52:27 PM »

Or color coordinate  the storage building with the scooter??   at least tell us AJ about the cool new gloves you scored at like 3 am :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »

Yeah, that's cause it's one of the few interesting threads in 2 days! ::) Anyone noticed it's been gettin' a little "mushy" around here. Go back to 'good ole days" of razzin' Hoist! I don't mind! ;) Hoist! 8)

Speaking of razzin,, hey Hoist have you selected cams and who is going to
do the head work on that Road Dog??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's not any fun if you keep it stock,
but it's even more fun if it's not stock but looks that way.

That's the plan for AJ's bike.
A total sleeper.

8)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »

Anyone noticed it's been gettin' a little "mushy" around here. Hoist! 8)

Probably why this thread made me smile. Damn we're all big dogs, we gotta piss once in awhile if not we might as well go sit on the porch and I may be old and decrepit, but I ain't ready for no freakin porch just yet   8)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 25 queries.