Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade  (Read 97636 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2007, 05:14:48 PM »

Yep, he may get some bad weather he said...................aside from the gray cloud back seater you pointed out to everyone.

Dammit, that wasn't me.  I like Anne.  If she thumps now it's gonna be your fault (like you wouldn't laugh!).

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »

Rog...talked to Dan a few minutes ago.  The alternative shock they are working with the other company on is still in the early stages of development, so they can't give me a projected date when it might or might not be something worth looking into.  Since they build some of the parts for Progressive, he is going to talk to the owner of TD (he's a good guy) to see what kind of deal they might be able to work for us, if any.  He's supposed to call me back.

Terry, next time you talk to them, tell 'em I'm "in" whenever I can get both ends (front forks and rear shocks) done at the same time.  If that's this year fine, if not, I'm a patient man.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

Terry, next time you talk to them, tell 'em I'm "in" whenever I can get both ends (front forks and rear shocks) done at the same time.  If that's this year fine, if not, I'm a patient man.

Brian, the rear shocks are so simple to change, and they can be found at several of the vendors for pretty competitive prices, that it may not be any real gain to get them done anywhere but inside your own garage.  It's really only a half hour chore to put on the Progressive shocks.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »

Brian, the rear shocks are so simple to change, and they can be found at several of the vendors for pretty competitive prices, that it may not be any real gain to get them done anywhere but inside your own garage.  It's really only a half hour chore to put on the Progressive shocks.

Don, do we just stay with the stock ride height for the CVO's when doing the front and rears?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:00:34 PM by Rjob749 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2007, 08:56:52 PM »

Don, I've already got Progressive 440's, so I'm looking to go Traxxion Dynamics all around.  I know I could do the front forks and get the significant improvement you and Terry have experienced, but I thought I'd wait until the complete package is ready and do both at the same time.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2007, 10:21:18 PM »

Don, I've already got Progressive 440's, so I'm looking to go Traxxion Dynamics all around.  I know I could do the front forks and get the significant improvement you and Terry have experienced, but I thought I'd wait until the complete package is ready and do both at the same time.

My bad.  Misunderstood.  Hell, I even knew you had the Progressives already.  D'uh.... :rolleyes4:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2007, 10:27:09 PM »

Don, do we just stay with the stock ride height for the CVO's when doing the front and rears?

Rog....the 06's are "stock" height, or the same as all other Ultras, as are the 07's.  The 04's and 05's were lowered an inch, so if a person wanted to go higher on one of those years, Traxxion could accomodate that at the time of install.  Of course the rear shocks would need to be changes as well.  By the same token, an 06/07 could be lowered an inch, if so desired.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2007, 12:39:03 AM »

Rog....the 06's are "stock" height, or the same as all other Ultras, as are the 07's.  The 04's and 05's were lowered an inch, so if a person wanted to go higher on one of those years, Traxxion could accomodate that at the time of install.  Of course the rear shocks would need to be changes as well.  By the same token, an 06/07 could be lowered an inch, if so desired.

Mmmmm, What did Terry do with his fronts since he has the Legends?  I imagine I could go back and read by that seems so pedestrian tonight :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2007, 08:08:37 AM »

Mmmmm, What did Terry do with his fronts since he has the Legends?  I imagine I could go back and read by that seems so pedestrian tonight :huepfenlol2:

Rog...I did mine stock height.  With the Legends, I still have plenty of lowering when I need it, which has always been when I need good footing.  That's the nice thing about the Legends for someone like me...I can drop the rear end a couple of inches when I need to in town for redlight to redlight, or all the way down when stopped and having to walk the bike, but when I'm on the road, it's fully extended and I'm able to adjust it for the road conditions.  I wanted the ground clearance given with full length suspension for curves...no more dragging the floorboards!!  If they touch now it's a good indication that you've used most of the tire up. :nervous:

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

I spoke to them about the height. The SERK3's are lowered and I'm putting mine back to standard RK height. The cartridge is different for this as well as the rear shocks. They need to know what you want to do, and they can accomodate different suspension heights. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »

I spoke to them about the height. The SERK3's are lowered and I'm putting mine back to standard RK height. The cartridge is different for this as well as the rear shocks. They need to know what you want to do, and they can accommodate different suspension heights. Hoist! 8)

I knew they could set it where we want, just wanted to know what the school of thought was which you guys have explained.  I'm good with the stock height, especially since I got my seat rebuilt and the neck of the seat reduced which allow my legs to drop closer to the bike do to the taper of the rebuilt seat.

Mine ship to Traxxion today.  I'll let everyone know how the timing goes, expect 7-10 days.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2007, 09:14:56 AM »

I knew they could set it where we want, just wanted to know what the school of thought was which you guys have explained.  I'm good with the stock height, especially since I got my seat rebuilt and the neck of the seat reduced which allow my legs to drop closer to the bike do to the taper of the rebuilt seat.

Mine ship to Traxxion today.  I'll let everyone know how the timing goes, expect 7-10 days.

That's great Rog! Lowered bikes look cool, but you give up lean angle/handling by lowering it. If your using a fixed height suspension, I'd always recommend stock height or an inch higher, as long as you can remain flat-footed while stopped. That's just me. I like twisties! I can probably use the height with those big ole SPO's too! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2007, 10:20:55 AM »

Same with me on the seat, Roger...I had Corbin do the "nose job" to narrow the front part of the seat up a bit.  With a 29" inseam, I need all the help I can get holding up a 900lb bike!!

Speaking of such things, the owner of the company (traxxioin), me, and Don had an interesting conversation about the GVW on both our bikes and Gold Wings.  Has anyone here actually ever looked at the GVW on a HD touring bike?  You might be surprised...I'll just say that they are routinely overloaded by a good margin.  Gold Wings are no different.  Makes having a good suspension front and rear, and keeping proper air pressures in the tires even more important than one might think, especially if you use the bike as it was intended.

TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »

Same with me on the seat, Roger...I had Corbin do the "nose job" to narrow the front part of the seat up a bit.  With a 29" inseam, I need all the help I can get holding up a 900lb bike!!

Speaking of such things, the owner of the company (traxxioin), me, and Don had an interesting conversation about the GVW on both our bikes and Gold Wings.  Has anyone here actually ever looked at the GVW on a HD touring bike?  You might be surprised...I'll just say that they are routinely overloaded by a good margin.  Gold Wings are no different.  Makes having a good suspension front and rear, and keeping proper air pressures in the tires even more important than one might think, especially if you use the bike as it was intended.

Did you know that a SEUC weighs 51 pounds more than a stock Ultra?  Radio, leather, GPS etc?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2007, 11:01:35 AM »

Did you know that a SEUC weighs 51 pounds more than a stock Ultra?  Radio, leather, GPS etc?

yep...looked at the tag on the steering neck when they had it apart at traxxion.  Even though we swap parts, generally, when we put chrome on, it weighs a bit more.  Just the Corbin seat on mine is at least twice as heavy as the stocker.  I haven't put mine on scales, but I'll bet my paycheck it's 900+lbs.  If I remember, the GVW is well under 1400 lbs...

Think of some of the riders you see, plus passenger, plus bags full, tourpak full, luggage on the rack, trailer in some cases....

Hell, just me and Suzanne are a shade over 300 lbs, and I'll bet we are on the light side just because we're both small people.  I've seen some going down the road that I'm sure would be 16 or 17 hundred pounds easily....Suzzane and I are probably near the limit on a 5 day trip.

There's a big fudge factor built into the GVW, I hope...

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.