Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Low RPM stumble  (Read 1011 times)

Lowbed Luke

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Low RPM stumble
« on: August 14, 2024, 10:19:48 PM »

Recently bought a 13 cvo road king, only 9k miles but I know it had been sitting so I went through it quick, fresh fluids plugs wires etc. Needed a intake temp sensor so I did that.. fuel system cleaner and probably 10 tanks of fuel already. Bike runs amazing, pulls hard and fast. Only problem is it has a stumble/dead spot/hesitation coming off idle. Seems fine first leaving the house while it's still cool. Heats up and every stop light or intersection you hit she stumbles and trips over herself letting the clutch out to take off. Any ideas why or how to remedy this?? I know the previous owner mentioned it was tuned, sounded like he had someone plug it in and reflash the ECM as opposed to buying a tuner but I'm not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated, Hoping I don't have to go get it retuned

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
Re: Low RPM stumble
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 10:33:06 AM »

Does it have the OEM ECU or another?

If OEM you want to know what alterations have been made to the Engine, chances are its just a Upgraded Air cleaner and Exhaust change, but you need to contact the previous owner to check, and find out who tuned it.

In the meantime check for Inlet manifold leaks, Speed sensor can somtimes influence low RPM performance, but that is normally when you come to a halt at Traffic lights etc.

Don`t rush in and speed lots of money, probably a cheap fix.

Good luck.
WHUFC   COYI

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 24 queries.