Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rosie O'Donnell gone from View....NOT!  (Read 3105 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Rosie O'Donnell gone from View....NOT!
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:18:16 AM »

I was excited to hear Rosie was going off the air, only to find out she isn't.  She may be getting her own show again.  Not that it matters to me, but I get sick and tired of the repeated publicity crap you hear on the radio about her.

Doesn't matter where you listen either.  I have to start packing my iPod I guess, no commercials there thank goodness.

Here's the release with full credit to tvweek:  (if you care) http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11411

January 17, 2007
Rosie O' Donnell Closer to Solo Show
By Melissa Grego, Michele Greppi, and Chris Pursell

Story continues below...
Rosie O' Donnell will likely take her first steps toward returning to a solo talk show in the next four to six months.

The contract that the controversial co-host of ABC's "The View" has with the network stipulates that she must first negotiate with a division of the Walt Disney Co. in good faith if she wants to strike out on her own with a new show, according to people familiar with the contract. Disney owns ABC.

Those same sources said they are confident Ms. O'Donnell will trigger that clause by spring or summer.

Attendees at the National Association of Television Program Executives conference this week in Las Vegas speculated that Ms. O' Donnell already had a handshake deal with Warner Bros. for a new show. A spokesman for Warner Bros. said there have been no negotiations. A spokesman for Endeavor, which represents Ms. O'Donnell, could not be reached for comment by press time.

Still, if Ms. O' Donnell does leave "The View" for a show of her own, she has many connections to Warner Bros., suggesting she ultimately might land there. Hilary Estey McLoughlin, president of Warner's Telepictures Productions division, executive produced Ms. O'Donnell's popular 1990s syndicated talk show "The Rosie O'Donnell Show." Ms. O' Donnell likewise has longstanding ties with Jim Paratore, who was president of Telepictures when the division produced "Rosie," which Warners also distributed. Mr. Paratore now heads a Warner-based production company, ParaMedia, where he is producing upcoming news magazine "TMZ."

Disney likely would fight to keep Ms. O' Donnell should she leave "The View," according to ABC insiders. Since she joined the daytime roundtable, ratings for the 10-year old show have grown by double-digit percentages and hit all-time highs. In recent weeks, Ms. O'Donnell's feud with Donald Trump has generated a round of press coverage for the show. The ABC insiders also said the contract with Ms. O' Donnell protects the network from losing the comedienne easily. An ABC spokesman declined to comment.

Industry executives said a competitor to Disney or Warner could emerge in the pursuit of Ms. O' Donnell. CBS Television Distribution Group, which comprises the merged King World and CBS Paramount, could step in with an offer.

Reproductions and distribution of the above article are strictly prohibited. To order reprints and/or request permission to use the article in full or partial format please contact Marc Abrams at (323) 370-2415 or mabrams@tvweek.com.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Rosie O'Donnell gone from View....NOT!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:52:27 AM »

In many circles, Rosie is officially known as "Rosie O'Donuts".

She earned the nutty designation a long time back. :huepfenlol2:

If Howard Stern had chosen Rosie instead of his other lesbians, he would be doing radio weather forecasts in Poughkipsie by now. :o
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

I have DirecTV and for some reason I don't receive whatever channel she is on :)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 08:30:34 PM »

I was excited to hear Rosie was going off the air, only to find out she isn't.  She may be getting her own show again.  Not that it matters to me, but I get sick and tired of the repeated publicity crap you hear on the radio about her.

Let there be not doubt, I am NOT a fan of Rosie, however as I understand it, she was never dismissed "off the air" until a certain date.  As for getting her own show, who knows, however those with her views may follow if she(he) is successful.  Time will tell.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »

Let there be not doubt, I am NOT a fan of Rosie, however as I understand it, she was never dismissed "off the air" until a certain date.  As for getting her own show, who knows, however those with her views may follow if she(he) is successful.  Time will tell.
:oops: :huepfenlol2: ;D :huepfenlol2: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »

I have DirecTV and for some reason I don't receive whatever channel she is on :)

You're a lucky man!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 03:36:20 PM »

If she dropped off the face of the earth I'd never miss her. :coolblue:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »

I actually had no idea she had a tv show.  I've never seen it.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »

I actually had no idea she had a tv show.  I've never seen it.

Those of us that work aren't homw during the airing of the unfortunates show.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 04:31:13 PM »

I have this wonderful device called a remote control. For some reason whenever some idiot like Bitch s'cuse me I mean Butch O'Donnell is on the channel changes by itself. Marvelous thing that remote.

B B

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »

Rosanne Barr is being rumored as one of the potential replacements...

oldwarrior

• Oldwarrior
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »

Rosie O' Donnell and Rosanne Barr are escaped examples of a secret breeding program by the US government to drive enemy combatants insane.
They were to be released behind enemy lines to seed insanity and obnoxious's among enemy troops.   :freak:
“We do not stop playing because we grow
old, we grow old because we stop playing!”

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »

Rosanne Barr is being rumored as one of the potential replacements...

S'pose they'll let her sing ?

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 11:43:13 AM »

B B

Only the National Anthem! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 04:56:42 PM »

B B

Yes Please!!

:huepfenlol2:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 24 queries.