Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Bitubo Shock Upgrade  (Read 90390 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: Bitubo Shock Upgrade
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2007, 10:42:19 PM »

Mark,

I just had my Progressives rebuilt for free. When I called them they told me I needed the original receipt and I told them I didn't have it. They then said if I could send them proof of any large motorcycle related purchase, that would be fine. I sent them a photocopy of my amex statement with a charge to my local HD shop I had made at about the same time I bought the shocks. They accepted it without question.  It seems they have a rule, but it isn't truly enforced.  :nixweiss:

Regardless, the Bitubos are a better shock. Now I've got a set of rebuilt Progressives to sell.

:indian_chief:

Great information, I'll call them tomorrow and see how far I get with another customer service tech. If it works, I also have a pair to sell. Think we can get $600. a pair? ;D ;D ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2007, 08:49:24 AM »

Great information, I'll call them tomorrow and see how far I get with another customer service tech. If it works, I also have a pair to sell. Think we can get $600. a pair? ;D ;D ;D

I sure hope so. It would make the Bitubo pill easier to swallow.  ;D

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »

both of my progressive 440s are leaking too! are these things not meant to be riden? maybe ill switch too :bananarock:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »

I called them today and asked if I could send them a copy of my Visa bill from the month they were purchased since I didn't have the original receipt. They said sure and off they went. When I get them back, they will be available for purchase.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2007, 08:48:33 AM »

I called them today and asked if I could send them a copy of my Visa bill from the month they were purchased since I didn't have the original receipt. They said sure and off they went. When I get them back, they will be available for purchase.

Yeah, they're REAL strict about their proof of purchase policy....not.  :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:26:56 AM by Chief »

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »

i didnt have reciept either but i called wallys cycle where i bought them and they mailed me a copy :bananarock:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2007, 01:51:32 PM »

i didnt have reciept either but i called wallys cycle where i bought them and they mailed me a copy :bananarock:

You probably had to send a picture of the pool side gals to get the receipt though.   :)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2007, 06:15:55 AM »

Previously I had posted about the bitubos after I got them dialed in. That was w/o the tourpack, and riding solo. We took a 800 mile trip this weekend loaded up with luggage, 2 riders, and the tourpack on. Quite a bit of weight difference. I spent one evening after work dialing the shocks in before we took this trip. I was really shocked at how much additional pre-load it took to set these shocks up correctly. I moved the spanner nut almost an inch. The shocks were initially set up at Traxxion's shop, and I just rode it as it was. It rode good then, but seemed really stiff to me.  I was concerned I'd have them TOO stiff but, it was actually the opposite effect. It was night and day difference. On this trip it was great, and a lot smoother. It's very possible I was bottoming out and didn't know it. When these things bottom out, it's not really harsh because of the rubber bumpers. I didn't think I'd ever spend this much time adjusting them. In my opinion, if you have these shocks, spend the time to adjust them properly for the weight you're carrying.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2007, 05:05:35 PM »

Just got home and there was a package on my desk, it is a brand new pair of Progressive 440's. I guess they decided it was better to send me a new pair rather than repair the set I sent in. Took about a week. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
I was at Traction Dynamics yesterday getting both my bikes done and they did not get the Bitubos in but they are looking for them any day now.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »

What's better about the Bitubo's ? 

By the way Mark, sure do appreciate you getting Elvis in perfect shape for me to ride again next February. Awfully nice of you.  :2vrolijk_21:

Maybe I should leave LD with you while I'm in Daytona.  ;D

B B

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »

What's better about the Bitubo's ? 

From my standpoint having had both on my 05, the Bitubos don't have the bounciness that the Progressives have.  You can adjust static load, extension, and compression for whatever ride that you're looking for that day.  The Progressives beat you up a bit and have a "clunk" when they top out.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

From my standpoint having had both on my 05, the Bitubos don't have the bounciness that the Progressives have.  You can adjust static load, extension, and compression for whatever ride that you're looking for that day.  The Progressives beat you up a bit and have a "clunk" when they top out.

I went with the stock length (13.5") Progressive's on LD as opposed to the shortened ones (12") I had on Elvis. First thing is the clunk is gone. As to the rebound, that's just a matter of getting it set so it's right for rider weight etc. With the True-Track installed, I can't imagine how LD could handle any better although I am hoping to have a chance to ride a bike with the Traxion Dynamics front end work installed. I think the Bitubo / Progessive debate is just like talking carburetors used to be - - - - personal preference.

B B

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2007, 08:07:48 PM »

It will be ready for you BB! :2vrolijk_21:
I was hurt yesterday at Traction Dynamics, the guys went nuts over Elvis and ignored the banana! In fact several commented about how much they liked the bars, thank God I didn't change those. Mike takes every bike out for a test / checkout ride when they are finished, he took the banana and was gone about 4 or 5 minutes, when he took Elvis he was gone 15 minutes and came back and said "that is one sweet ride". Didn't say a damn word after he brought the banana back!!!! Then one of the other guys there was commenting on how much he liked Elvis so I told him to be my guest. I didn't have to ask twice, off he went and loved it.
As for the Progressive, only rode once on them and they were clunking bad from topping out, I went to adjust them and that is when we saw the seal was broken. I have the (POS) OEM air shocks on him now, pumped up to about 30 lbs and I don't hate them like I did when they were on the banana but then they were at about 15 lbs like the manual stated. With the brand new pair of Progressives now here, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I need to talk JR or Phaze into getting the Bitubos so I can try them out before I buy them.  :oops:, should not say that out loud.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2007, 08:45:57 PM »

It will be ready for you BB! :2vrolijk_21:
I was hurt yesterday at Traction Dynamics, the guys went nuts over Elvis and ignored the banana! In fact several commented about how much they liked the bars, thank God I didn't change those. Mike takes every bike out for a test / checkout ride when they are finished, he took the banana and was gone about 4 or 5 minutes, when he took Elvis he was gone 15 minutes and came back and said "that is one sweet ride". Didn't say a damn word after he brought the banana back!!!! Then one of the other guys there was commenting on how much he liked Elvis so I told him to be my guest. I didn't have to ask twice, off he went and loved it.
As for the Progressive, only rode once on them and they were clunking bad from topping out, I went to adjust them and that is when we saw the seal was broken. I have the (POS) OEM air shocks on him now, pumped up to about 30 lbs and I don't hate them like I did when they were on the banana but then they were at about 15 lbs like the manual stated. With the brand new pair of Progressives now here, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I need to talk JR or Phaze into getting the Bitubos so I can try them out before I buy them.  :oops:, should not say that out loud.

Mark, don't even think about it-JUST DO IT! The BiTubo's will do for the rear, what the AK-20 does for the front. You'll have bikes with a REAL suspension, that you can fully adjust to your riding style. I like them both so much, I'm sending my new forks for my WG down there for the AK-20 conversion, and they got me the BiTubo's for the WG too. As a matter of fact, they told me you were there when I called them yesterday to get the addres to ship my forks to. You've already gone this far with your bikes. Now go all the way! You'll love them! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »

I went with the stock length (13.5") Progressive's on LD as opposed to the shortened ones (12") I had on Elvis. First thing is the clunk is gone. As to the rebound, that's just a matter of getting it set so it's right for rider weight etc. With the True-Track installed, I can't imagine how LD could handle any better although I am hoping to have a chance to ride a bike with the Traxion Dynamics front end work installed. I think the Bitubo / Progessive debate is just like talking carburetors used to be - - - - personal preference.

B B

B B...it's not just personal preference from all reports, though I have never run the Progressives so have no basis for personal comparision.  Progressives are a big improvement over the stock air shocks, but the Bitubos are a HUGE improvement.  They have significantly more adjustability in the spring preload, rebound damping, and compression damping.  It takes bit of tweaking to get them set up correctly, but once you've got it done right, the difference is large.

With regards to the Traxxion front end...you really can't imagine the difference, as you've probably never felt anything like it before.  It is night and day over any spring/emulator combination you've ever felt.  If you plan on keeping LD, it'll be the best money you spend on him...if you don't like it, I'll buy you a bottle of Maker's.... ;) ;D  It really and truely makes the bike not only more enjoyable to ride, but much safer as well.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.