Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SERK3 Speedo Replacement  (Read 3679 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
SERK3 Speedo Replacement
« on: July 09, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »

Hey gang. My speedo/tach's getting replaced under w.....ty. Instead of the Spun Aluminum unit that comes stock with the SERK3, what do ya'll think about HD Speedo/Tach unit with Color Matched Lighting. It's got a black face and I think it goes great on the B/I SERK. You can change the LED lighting color scheme to match your bike's color with it too. For an extra $30, I think it's well worth the trade up. What do ya'll think? http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769811&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309041116&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309041116&bmUID=1183991761818&bmLocale=en_US

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: SERK3 Speedo Replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »

Howie,

I think it makes a difference on which color of bike you have.  For your bike, the black face with blue lights would probably look good.  The spun aluminum that came on the bike already has a red back light which (IMO) looks good on the red bike.  I think the stock unit looks good on the bike, except when you the sun hits it just right and reflects back into my eyes.   :coolblue:

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »

I agree - the stock unit looks good on the Red FLHRSE3. My tach is giving me issues so it will be replaced this winter. I already spoke to the dealer and they're ready to do it at my call. I'm waiting till winter since I did not want to miss out on any summer riding, waiting for shop work - plus, they need me to forecast the odometer reading for the factory setup and who knows how many miles I'll have on it by then.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 05:09:26 AM »

Hey gang. My speedo/tach's getting replaced under w.....ty. Instead of the Spun Aluminum unit that comes stock with the SERK3, what do ya'll think about HD Speedo/Tach unit with Color Matched Lighting. It's got a black face and I think it goes great on the B/I SERK. You can change the LED lighting color scheme to match your bike's color with it too. For an extra $30, I think it's well worth the trade up. What do ya'll think? http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769811&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309041116&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309041116&bmUID=1183991761818&bmLocale=en_US

Hoist! 8)

Looks good Howie. I think the black face with blue lighting will suit your bike very well. I kind of wish that mine had blue lighting too, so that it matched up with the paintwork.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »

Well I had them order the one I show here. Now I can have blue lighting instead of red. Nige, you gotta wait until yours croaks now! :D Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 10:39:49 PM »

Well I had them order the one I show here. Now I can have blue lighting instead of red. Nige, you gotta wait until yours croaks now! :D Hoist! 8)

Is it just me or do others have this question too?

If it's dark enough to have your lights on and see your speedo back lighting, it's too dark to see any color on the bike.  If it's light enough to see the color of the bike, you won't see your speedo light.

So what difference does it make,,,, really...  :oops:

I do like to the different colors of car / truck back lighting, but I've never associated the dash color with the vehicle color.

;) ;)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 12:48:01 AM »

Is it just me or do others have this question too?

If it's dark enough to have your lights on and see your speedo back lighting, it's too dark to see any color on the bike.  If it's light enough to see the color of the bike, you won't see your speedo light.

So what difference does it make,,,, really...  :oops:

I do like to the different colors of car / truck back lighting, but I've never associated the dash color with the vehicle color.

;) ;)

That's all so Dan, but I just don't like the red lights on the stock one. Period. I also like the black face better. I don't have a blue bike, so I'm not really matching vehcle color anyway. But some people want to do it just because you can. ;) Hoist! 8)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 01:29:40 AM »

That's all so Dan, but I just don't like the red lights on the stock one. Period. I also like the black face better. I don't have a blue bike, so I'm not really matching vehcle color anyway. But some people want to do it just because you can. ;) Hoist! 8)

I like the stock one, just wish it had kmh with the mph, if I do change my mind and take it to Okinawa, I would have to change it out. But I don't plan on taking it, deploy for the better part of three years, return to a salt covered piece of rust, that I had $40k into.  :soapbox:

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 07:38:10 PM »

Any one ever used the Dakota Digital HLY-2004 on their roadking? They said its 100% compatible with the SERK3.
"255 MPH speedometer is already calibrated!
Odometer with two resettable trip odometers.
Resettable Miles to Service with warning (user settable countdown) and Hour meter.
Clock (12 hour format)
Quick response bar graph tachometer with adjustable shift point warning.
Gear Position Indicator compatible with 3- 6 speed transmissions.
Various indicators can also be displayed such as Turn Signal, High Beam, Neutral, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage and Security Indicators.
Voltage readout.
Cruise on and Cruise engaged indication
Automatic turn signal canceling compatible.
"Wait to start" / "Check Engine" light.
Several performance calculations include: 0- 60 time, high speed & high RPM recall, 1/4 mile time and speed.
Chrome front bezel with non-glare scratch resistant lens.
Machined aluminum housing"
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:22:07 PM »

I was really just jerking your chain a bit there Hoist...  :D :D

Some of the streetrod speedos have changeable lens to get different colors.

Good luck with your replacement speedo.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 03:33:09 AM »

Hoist! 8)

nice

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 04:10:41 AM »

Any one ever used the Dakota Digital HLY-2004 on their roadking? They said its 100% compatible with the SERK3.
"255 MPH speedometer is already calibrated!
Odometer with two resettable trip odometers.
Resettable Miles to Service with warning (user settable countdown) and Hour meter.
Clock (12 hour format)
Quick response bar graph tachometer with adjustable shift point warning.
Gear Position Indicator compatible with 3- 6 speed transmissions.
Various indicators can also be displayed such as Turn Signal, High Beam, Neutral, Low Oil Pressure, Low Voltage and Security Indicators.
Voltage readout.
Cruise on and Cruise engaged indication
Automatic turn signal canceling compatible.
"Wait to start" / "Check Engine" light.
Several performance calculations include: 0- 60 time, high speed & high RPM recall, 1/4 mile time and speed.
Chrome front bezel with non-glare scratch resistant lens.
Machined aluminum housing"

Looks like a nice piece of kit with quite a few interesting features. Whats the going rate for one of these ??

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 06:49:56 AM »

Looks like a nice piece of kit with quite a few interesting features. Whats the going rate for one of these ??

Nige
I think its $498 on their website. I am severely tempted. Plugs directly into factory harness so it should be easy to install.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 08:26:28 AM »

I think its $498 on their website. I am severely tempted. Plugs directly into factory harness so it should be easy to install.

Thanks Casey, but the timing's all wrong for me. That 500 bucks along, with a few more, are going into engine, brakes and suspension mods. These are most important to me. For 30 bucks, I'll go for the HD substitue. The one you showed will have to wait. But I'd like to be able to measure over 120! ::) Hoist! 8)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »

But I'd like to be able to measure over 120! ::) Hoist! 8)

What is Chip using? 
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 25 queries.