Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Has anyone purchased the Corbin CVO Dual Tour Seat?  (Read 8521 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Has anyone purchased the Corbin CVO Dual Tour Seat?
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »

If it's a mistake on their web site, that's a different story.  Just know the model number you want before calling Jenny to avoid confusion.

What's wrong with this picture:  Here's a man who's willing to throw out a perfectly good primary chain tensioner to replace with aftermarket, but is quibbling over a couple of hundred bucks for something his ass is going to sit on for the next 50 thousand miles.... :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ;)

A man's got to stand by his principles Terry. If I can get this seat for $560, why the hell should I pay $899 for the same damn thing. After all, with the savings, I can get 3 free chain tensioners, one for each bike! ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »

Who's got a number for this Jenny person. Search shows no "Charles" HD in WV. Lake Charles HD in LA, but not one in WV. Phone number anyone? Thanks.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »

Here ya go Howie, 304-523-1340.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »

Who's got a number for this Jenny person. Search shows no "Charles" HD in WV. Lake Charles HD in LA, but not one in WV. Phone number anyone? Thanks.

Hoist! 8)

http://www.charlieshd.com/
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 03:44:08 PM »

Thanks guys. I tried Charles, not Charlie's. I'm holding for her as we speak. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 04:07:39 PM »

Well guys, thanks again. And to all you guys that jumped the gun, don't get mad at me. As a man of principle, I did my due diligence, until I was able to order my new Corbin Flame-Stitched Heated Seat for $559.20 plus shipping. Which I just did! Jenny was very accomodating and said she would have no problem doing so, even though there's no P/N for it on Corbin's site. I just ewxplained the whole story to her and she understood. She's as good as you guys said she was! Thanks gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »

Well guys, thanks again. And to all you guys that jumped the gun, don't get mad at me. As a man of principle, I did my due diligence, until I was able to order my new Corbin Flame-Stitched Heated Seat for $559.20 plus shipping. Which I just did! Jenny was very accomodating and said she would have no problem doing so, even though there's no P/N for it on Corbin's site. I just ewxplained the whole story to her and she understood. She's as good as you guys said she was! Thanks gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I need to start charging consulting fees.... ;) ;D

What?  No backrest?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »

I need to start charging consulting fees.... ;) ;D

What?  No backrest?

For 1/2 the price of the entire seat, I can live without it. I'll use the passenger pad from the SERK on my taller detachachable sissy bar for Binx. I've still never used my SERK backrest to this day. If I ever get a hair up my butt for one I can always order it. The passenger one is too big to mount my HD/SAC T-Bag type luggage anyway! ;)

I'll pay the consulting fee in MV Terry! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Was it a model specific to the SERK?   Or a more generic Road King model? 

If specific to the SERK they likely had a guinea pig bike without the rear crash bars.  If that's so don't be surprised if you've got to pull a few rivets and grind a little foam to make the seat set down over the rear crash bars you've added.

Did you get heat in the seat?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »

Was it a model specific to the SERK?   Or a more generic Road King model? 

If specific to the SERK they likely had a guinea pig bike without the rear crash bars.  If that's so don't be surprised if you've got to pull a few rivets and grind a little foam to make the seat set down over the rear crash bars you've added.

Did you get heat in the seat?

The seat is supposed to be for a SERK. I didn't tell her I have crash bars. I'll call her tomorrow with that info. They are using the flame stirching instead of the Ostrich.

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 05:32:43 PM »

The seat is supposed to be for a SERK. I didn't tell her I have crash bars. I'll call her tomorrow with that info. They are using the flame stirching instead of the Ostrich.

Hoist! 8)

If Corbin is building it model specific you might have a bit of work to do when you get it.  Stock model doesn't have those bars after all.

A few here have learned that making it fit isn't a big deal though ::) .

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »

Were any animal injured while trying to acquire this seat?
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »

Were any animal injured while trying to acquire this seat?

Just his wallet.

hogasm

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »

During or at Bicktoberfest?

I gave Becky Hamm my order. She told me to call her during Biketoberfest and I will get the discount.

I don't know if you have to go to their store and personally make the order or if by phone for the order? Call Becky and ask her

1-800-223-4332  ext 320

posted this and it seems that there is a better deal out there.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:00:19 PM by hogasm »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »

If Corbin is building it model specific you might have a bit of work to do when you get it.  Stock model doesn't have those bars after all.

A few here have learned that making it fit isn't a big deal though ::) .

I just spoke to Rich '07. He just received his this past weekend. He tells me it has cutouts for the crashbars already. I'm calling Jenny tomorrow and confirm that it was ordered correctly. I should have it in about 3 weeks. With any luck, in time for MV! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.