Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: This is all the rage on another forum.  (Read 2329 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
This is all the rage on another forum.
« on: October 11, 2007, 12:25:18 AM »

I'm sure you have all seen this, or recieved it in an e-mail from HD.

http://harleydavidson.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?oKEhJm_TBH_TAEMPHKrpglFlPILssDgLm

Apparently the bike used in the picture is a Suzuki.

Kind of funny when you think about it.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

REGGAB

Re: This is all the rage on another forum.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 05:39:35 AM »

http://harleydavidson.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?oKEhJm_TBH_TAEMPHKrpglFlPILssDgLm

Yeah, that part of it really cracks me up, but here's another bit of laughability from the article:

When she submits a 90 second video about the person who kick-started her love of riding or helped improve her confidence and riding skills, she could win an expense paid ride with Karen Davidson to Bike Week '08. If you're lucky, she might even invite you along!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............WOW!  I know my better half would jump all over that.............and if she's LUCKY, the esteemed first lady of Harley-Davidson might invite her along.  Let me see, she wins an expense paid ride to BW with Ms. Davidson, then she has to get lucky to be invited along?  OK, first off, REDUNDANT!!!!  Hello!  Second.............that arrogant getting lucky part makes me want to chit in a paper bag, place it on her door step, put it on fire, ring the doorbell, and run off.

I hate that Charlie Uniform November Tango!!!

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:26:08 AM »

Yeah, that part of it really cracks me up, but here's another bit of laughability from the article:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............WOW!  I know my better half would jump all over that.............and if she's LUCKY, the esteemed first lady of Harley-Davidson might invite her along.  Let me see, she wins an expense paid ride to BW with Ms. Davidson, then she has to get lucky to be invited along?  OK, first off, REDUNDANT!!!!  Hello!  Second.............that arrogant getting lucky part makes me want to chit in a paper bag, place it on her door step, put it on fire, ring the doorbell, and run off.

I was actually thinkin of telling my wife (she just got her first Harley this summer, and she has a great story about how she learned to ride) until I read the rules -- to enter they must have received their motorcycle endorsement since November 2005! 

What a bunch of 'Chit!'

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 06:36:13 AM »

i would be insulted if i was a female. it says "the person that kick started her riding or helped improve her skills".

there are lots of women that needed no kick start, no one to show them the way, no one to help hone their riding skills.

just because they are chics doesnt mean they lack a gene to feel the freedom, have the need for speed, or just be themselves on a motorcycle.

the MOCO mentality should cause a major implosion in the womens riding arena.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:38:50 AM »

Obviously that message was written for males only.  When it mentions "If you're lucky, she might even invite you along", the "you" is the male recipient of the message who convinced the lady involved to enter the contest.

The entire thing is a poor implementation of what was probably an excellent idea in the beginning.  As noted already in this thread, as it is currently worded it is just as likely to alienate women as it is to encourage them.  You would think marketing folks would have learned by now to stay away from even intimating that a women needed a man to get her into riding, or to teach her anything about it.  Oh well, it just reinforces my beliefs about the "rocket scientists" running the MoCo (into the ground).

Never met Karen Davidson or had any dealings with her, so I wouldn't know if traveling with her would be considered a desirable thing or not.  Maybe the ladies would rather have a choice, Karen Davidson or George Clooney for instance?  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 09:01:40 AM »

Obviously that message was written for males only.  ... Maybe the ladies would rather have a choice, Karen Davidson or George Clooney for instance?  ...Jerry

Yes, the message is obviously written for males.

I guess I would not be where I am today, sitting at a computer typing to some of my virtual friends that I have met because I own and ride a HD Screamn' Eagle Electra Glide, if I had not been helped here by my husband.  It is true, he bought me my beloved bike as an anniversary present, so without him, it is most likely that I never would have met any of you great folk that chat here.  As for without him I would not be riding a motorcycle, I am not so sure that could possibly be a true statement.  But then, it is pretty hard to look into some whimsical crystal ball and know what would happen if you made this or that choice in our lives.  But I sorta think that with the passion I have for riding, I most likely would have been riding with or without the encouragement of my husband.

Re the Karen or George question, for me, I'd much rather ride with George.

:cherry:

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 09:34:54 AM »

i would be insulted if i was a female. it says "the person that kick started her riding or helped improve her skills".

there are lots of women that needed no kick start, no one to show them the way, no one to help hone their riding skills.

just because they are chics doesn't mean they lack a gene to feel the freedom, have the need for speed, or just be themselves on a motorcycle.

the MOCO mentality should cause a major implosion in the womens riding arena.

You got that right!!!!!!

:2vrolijk_21:

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 12:20:14 PM »

Yup, it's a Suzuki....Same bike I traded in for my SEUC  :bananarock: They're having a ball with this one on some other sites. Pretty stupid on Harley's part if you ask me. Maybe it's Suzuki buying HD and not Honda  :D

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »

Either I am missing something, or they've modified the site that that link goes to.  I don't see no stinkin' Suzuki. :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:15 PM »

Either I am missing something, or they've modified the site that that link goes to.  I don't see no stinkin' Suzuki. :nixweiss:

You broke something else??? :huepfenlol2: They have changed the pic I'll check to see if I still have the email.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 08:11:59 PM »

That is hilarious! It was a Suzuki C50 Boulevard for the past few days. Somebody really screwed up when they posted the original one.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 08:16:17 PM »

That's f'd up! :huepfenlol2:  How the h3ll does a Suzuki end up on a Harley website? :nixweiss: :oops: 

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:19:02 PM »

That's f'd up! :huepfenlol2:  How the h3ll does a Suzuki end up on a Harley website? :nixweiss: :oops: 

There is no mistaking it for anything but an HD now. Maybe they thought people wouldn't notice because there were no badges, etc on the original picture. But there was no mistaking it for a C50. The giveaways were the two tone paint scheme and clutch assembly on the bars.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »

. . .

:ROFLOL:  :6: :biggthumpup:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »

You broke something else??? :huepfenlol2: They have changed the pic I'll check to see if I still have the email.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
I still have the email, but the picture is now the one that they have posted on the internet. I had thought originally that it was the of the Suzuki that was posted earlier.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.