Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: How to wake up faster than coffee  (Read 2401 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
How to wake up faster than coffee
« on: November 17, 2007, 07:36:07 AM »

This morning, I'm making a pot of coffee, when I see my dog get into the attack pose, right next to me.  It's 32 degrees this morning, so I figure she's got her sights on a mouse, coming in from the cold.  Then I see a small baby snake wind across the floor from right next to me over under the oven, about three feet, all the while striking and hissing.  

* I know that this snake is very small.
* I know it is a baby just trying to find someplace warm, but I can't help myself.  

I run through the house, screaming hysterically like a cartoon character.  I calmly call the dog a couple of times to have her follow me as I run screaming  out on the deck where my husband is enjoying the sunrise from the hot tub.  He can tell I am very agitated, but my incoherent screaming is not helping him figure out what the problem is.  He finally figures out that I am hysterically screaming "SNAKE."  It is small, it is a baby, but there is a snake in the kitchen and it was looking like it was attacking the dog.  

He jumps out of the tub, my Goliath, grabs the skimmer net (about a 6 foot handle) and goes in to do battle.  By the time I was brave enough to come around the corner, he has given it a couple of smacks with the skimmer, so it definitely slowed down.  Now, what to do with the body - it is still moving pretty good - not quite dead.  I want to throw it out front, no out back, then finally we decide on the part of the yard that it probably came from, the part that backs up to the woods.  I am holding a piece of flooring tile, Jamey has the skimmer on top with the poor little baby snake sandwiched in between.  We wander through the house to the deck where Jamey takes over and throws the snake out in the yard.  Whew!  

That got the blood pressure up quick.  How was your morning?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 07:48:23 AM by Mrs.WeCVO »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: How to wake up faster than coffee
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:58:40 AM »

Pretty exciting stuff Candy. You'll have to reward your hero. I just woke up to that cat hurling, twice. I think I'd have rather fought the snake. :cherry:

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 08:05:59 AM »

:worthless: !
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:06:24 AM »

Now that's good readin' first thing in the AM. Thanks for sharing!! (made my wifes neck hairs stand up- haha)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 08:09:34 AM »

:worthless: !

You da man Jamie!  Yeah, what about some pics! I can only imagine you running through the house, dripping, in gawd only knows what attire, beating the hell out some poor little reptile. LMAO.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 08:17:16 AM »

My quiet coffee tastes a little better this morning.  Thanks for the story.  Hysterical screaming would get awake pretty quickly.  Maybe the snake smelled the coffee too?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:24:06 AM »

My quiet coffee tastes a little better this morning.  Thanks for the story.  Hysterical screaming would get awake pretty quickly.  Maybe the snake smelled the coffee too?

You know how you can allow your imagination to run wild on you.  After it was over, and I felt like such a fool, cause it really was a tiny little thing to be so agitated over.  I had to ask, where did it come in from.  I am betting dollars to doughnuts that it came in around the kitchen sink pipes.  I had pulled the garbage can out to put the old grounds into, left the door open and was rinsing out the pot and filling up the reservoir of the pot before the dog started to pose in that attack mode, then start backing up.  If all this is true, then the snake had to crawl right past my feet, then it would have got to the corner of the cupboard and it probably felt cornered, thus the slide and biting pose.  Arrrggghhhhhhhh!  Freakin me out. 

It did not even cross my mind to think about taking pictures. 

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »

I thought where there is 1 young snake there is usually a nest somewhere  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 08:34:01 AM »

You know how you can allow your imagination to run wild on you.  After it was over, and I felt like such a fool, cause it really was a tiny little thing to be so agitated over.  I had to ask, where did it come in from.  I am betting dollars to doughnuts that it came in around the kitchen sink pipes.  I had pulled the garbage can out to put the old grounds into, left the door open and was rinsing out the pot and filling up the reservoir of the pot before the dog started to pose in that attack mode, then start backing up.  If all this is true, then the snake had to crawl right past my feet, then it would have got to the corner of the cupboard and it probably felt cornered, thus the slide and biting pose.  Arrrggghhhhhhhh!  Freakin me out. 

It did not even cross my mind to think about taking pictures. 

Oh no, just thinking that where it came from will send you into another hysteria, "Serenity Now"

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 08:34:22 AM »

Wow I bet that did wake you both up!
Some Cardio Reptile Therapy.

I would want to know if it was poisonous or not.

My wife would want to know "Where's Mama" or any other slithering family member. Or she might just leave house and never return. :huepfenlol2:

Glad you all came out OK. I bet that was not the physical therapy your hubby would have wanted first thing in the morning.  ;D

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 08:36:54 AM »

I thought where there is 1 young snake there is usually a nest somewhere  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Gee, Tanks Icehole!  :coolblue:

I had her believing that these guys are loners, not something the mum cares for, very long.

Hmmm... plan B...  ;)
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 08:44:44 AM »

Probably oughtta go back to the hot tub w/ a health drink (bloody or screwdriver) and ponder your next move.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »

wow, i bet the pulse rate is still at redline!

remember- i am from louisiana, so i am accustomed to snakes. well several years ago, i was coming out of the shower and noticed wife had not shut a drawer. went to shut it and noticed a black pair of socks were sticking up. pushed the socks back to close the drawer and the socks wiggled :nixweiss: SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! butt nekkid, i grabbed the drawer, cleared the bed, out the back door and threw the drawer in the yard. back in the house, grab shotgun, kill every stinking thing in the drawer. took a stick and moved the socks around------ no snake.lol wife came out and saw me bent over her dead drawer poking a stick at dead socks.

she never was quite right after that.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 08:49:14 AM »

after seeing you put holes in a drawer of socks I'd tip toe around too......

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 08:50:41 AM »

wife came out and saw me bent over her dead drawer poking a stick at dead socks.

she never was quite right after that.

HE, He, he, that there's funny right there... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 08:53:58 AM by CandyMan! »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.