Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: How Did You Get your CVO?  (Read 36779 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: How Did You Get your CVO?
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2008, 07:59:32 AM »

Found this baby on Craigs list of all places for 15K.
I wasn't really looking for a bike but when these first came out in 03 I said to my G/F I wanted one.
Then this came out on there I thought what the hell give the guy a call and see whats up with this.
It turns out the guy is fricken load with cash and when I asked why is he selling it so cheap he says it's 5 years old and I want a new Street Gluide.
Then he goes on that he put 6k in the engine before it even left the Dealer new and that he paid 39k for it out the door.
So after also telling me that there was only 4500 miles on it I told him SOLD I'll be down there tomorrow for it.
Now after owning one I'll never buy another standard bike.

What was done to the motor to make you say that or are you referring to CVO vs non-CVO?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Sean M Cary

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2008, 08:12:05 AM »

What was done to the motor to make you say that or are you referring to CVO vs non-CVO?

It's Gold he already told you...that is enough.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »

My story is not all the great or unusuall.  About three years ago I developed an interest in the CVO bikes.  However they did not have a model I really wanted, I have a fatboy and did not want another.  I wanted a touring bike, but not really a RK.  Reason being is my Fatboy is set up similar to a RK, bags and shield.  I did not want a Ultra either as my wife rides her own bike.

I told my dealer two years ago, when a Street Glide comes out in a CVO, I want it.  This past year I read several magazine articles about the Road Glide, and I started becoming interested in them as an alternative to a Street Glide.

Well when the SERG is announced my dealer calls me.  He tells me no SESG but I may want to look at the SERG.  Next day I head over to the dealer.  The orange one he is getting has a deposit on it.  However the yellow and the silver still have no deposit, but a customer will be calling that day to put a deposit on the silver.  I tell him, I do not like the yellow but really want the silver.  He says if you put the deposit down before he calls its yours.  So I put the deposit down, and we have the contract for MSRP on the silver SERG.

Reason I decided CVO, is simple, by the time I did a 110 motor, paint matched inner fairing, some collection for boards, pegs, grips, and slamed the front fender and did 18 inch wheel, I would have spent much more money, but it would still be a 20K bike.

It sure is going to be a long wait until Feb to get the bike.  My dealer has a deposit on every SERG he is getting and now on Every CVO ultra.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

elky72ss454

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »

My turn...I have owned many motorcycles in my life. My first was at the age of 16. This is the third Harley for me. I have been down three times. Was almost killed in the first wreck. Bought another and rode it home with a broke leg and one eye.  Fresh out of the hospital. Needless to say I was hooked. I have not owned or ridden a bike in about 20 years now. I first saw the screamin eagle springer in a magazine this year. It was love at first sight. I looked at it everyday for about a week. Then I started looking around on the web. I found a used one at a Harley dealer. It had only 275 miles on it. I called them talked a few times and now it belongs to me. It will be here next week if nothing goes wrong. It is paid for and in my name, just waiting on shipping. I am older and wiser now. (less alcohol and drugs)I hope I fair better on bikes this go round. But, what ever happens happens, I ain't skeered! :bananarock:

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »

My first Harley was an '03 Silver/Black Road King Classic.  After it was totalled, I did a spread sheet on what I had in it and it came to over $25K.  I took the insurance check on that bike and bought an '04 Ultra Classic.  It didn't take long before I had over $25K in that bike too.  After spending the bucks on a couple of "standard" bikes, the cost of the CVO bikes really didn't look that out of line.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2008, 12:04:56 AM »

My first Harley was an '03 Silver/Black Road King Classic.  After it was totalled, I did a spread sheet on what I had in it and it came to over $25K.  I took the insurance check on that bike and bought an '04 Ultra Classic.  It didn't take long before I had over $25K in that bike too.  After spending the bucks on a couple of "standard" bikes, the cost of the CVO bikes really didn't look that out of line.

Yep, I put about $10K in my 02 Ultra.  Had almost $30K invested and then couldn't even come close to getting my the extra $10K back out if it.  That experience made the CVO bike look like a good value and hopefully I can get a larger percentage of my investment back out of it some day.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »

It's Gold he already told you...that is enough.

King of the Road it is. Hoo-Rah!! :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Lucky Rick

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 Annie
    • CVO2: 2002 RK Classic White Pearl - "Diamond Girl", because she sure does shine
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »

Bought my 3rd HD, '02 RK in '03. The wife had never been on one before. She really hit it off with RK and we went everywhere together including 5,000 mile vacations. I put a back rest on to help save my back which cut down on some wiggle room for her.  The longer the trip, the more she looked at other Ultras on the road and thought she could use more room. I had been lusting after the SEUC since '06 but would not part with the RK.  After spending about $8k on bling for the RK, I did not have to justify the $35k for the '08 CUSE3. She picked the color, "Annie" and it was a done deal.  Were both smilin' and I still have my White Pearl '02 Road King. Life is good!

bikerman101

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »

Found my 05 SEEG  :bananarock: on Craigslist Minneapolis. Traded my 02 FLHTC with 32,000 miles plus some cash for it. Deal of the century for me. I had seen one other one sitting outside a bar when I was out riding, fell for the bike big time, but thought there was no way I would find one for sale and least of all able to trade for it. You have to love those multi millionaire's that get tired of there bikes and just want a change. I have had the bike about a week and put on around 500 miles. It had 5500 miles on it when I bought it. Everything is tight and it rolls sweet.

Ken in Mn

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2008, 05:57:30 PM »

Had never heard of CVO. Last summer I took my WG into the dealership to get it ready for a 3,000 mile roundtrip to Sturgis. New tires, tighten everything, change all fluids, etc. Went in to pick it up 2 days later, $600+ cost, and while I'm waiting for the paperwork I kept looking at this bright red bike sitting on display. I took it for a test ride, had to have it and did the deal right there. I asked the sales manager how much they would come off the price and he silently stared at me, I asked him how much more I'd get for my tradein since I just spent $600 on it and he silently stared at me, I said "you're not going to deal on this are you" and he silently stated at me.

I bought the bike! Love it!
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

golfertmd

« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »

Went into the HD dealership in Pensacola to buy a shirt. Saw what turned out to be a black ice SERK. The girlfriend said "let's buy it". Didn't think I could get it financed. Loaded it up a little later in the pickup and brought it home. Am REALLY glad I did. Would have been sad had I not bought it! It is a NICE scoot, despite the potential problems. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Tom

skyman

« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »

So there I was sitting in Sturgis with my 99 FLHT and up pulls an 05 SE Ultra.  Loved that painted dash.  Got home, sobered up and hit the MoCo site to do some research.  This was August of 05.  Found the 06 SE ultra and really liked the Autumn Haze color.  About mid September I started calling dealerships in California looking for this bike.  Not a chance and all of the out of area dealers told me to pack sand--they didn't need my buisiness.  With relatives in Michigan for registration purposes I started callling dealers there.  2nd call to Shiawassee sports they said they had one coming in in a week.  I gave them my CC number and told them I would see them in 2 weeks.  Being fall and not wanting to challenge the rockies--I found a trucking company called ForwardAir.  They specialize in shipping bikes.  6 bills and 4 days later I had the bike in Sacramento.  Took the bike into the dealer and did the following: decked .30thou, new rings, polished and ported, SS570 gear drive cam, Vance & Hines pro pipe, stage one, race tuner and had just what I wanted---a high torque bike.   110 HP and 120lbs of torque.  Very happy with the bike.  NOt a lick of problems with the drive train.  ONly some minor handling issue after 25k thet it looks like I've solved.  45k on my 99 and 32k on my 06SE.  Love to ride.

Oh yeah--this was my retirement gift to myself--25 years Air Force Retired Chief
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:37:15 PM by skyman »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »

Good deal, Chief!  Great retirement present.  Now, what 'handling problems' and how did you solve them?  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

skyman

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2008, 02:38:58 PM »

Bike was loose for the first 18k miles--beffeting.  Had the steering nut tightend a quarter turn and put on a metzler on the rear.  Bike handled great after that but started to develope a high speed wobble.  At 28k They put a dunlop on the rear that sucked--problem intensified and had a buffeting problem again.  Back in and had a racetech front suspension installed preloaded to 250lbs.  Bike really sucked after that---2k miles was a bitch.  Back in to change the rear back to a metzler and balanced the wheel and the tire--front and back.  That was last week--bike handles a lot better but have not had the cahnce to really air it out.  The buffeting problem was created by my American flag mounted to the tour pack lugage rack. Have only commuted for 3 days and have not hit the road yet to fully evaluate the fixes but it is defintely better than before.  My biggest gripe now is that the front is realy stiff so breaking is a lot different.  After my ride this coming Sunday I will know more and if I need to lower the loading on the front a bit.

sullyboo

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 fxdse2
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »

I went to a dealer back in October 07 just to look at the Nighttrains saw the Dyna [I never herd of CVO] and said that is the one. Went to the bank to get the money but when I was sitting there waiting for them to bring me a check for the bike I got a strange feeling that told me not to go though with it.
Two days later my daughter told me she was getting married in April. Well there goes the idea of getting the bike, the wedding cost did as much as the bike.
On July 22nd I came home from work opened the garage door and there it was. My wife had bought it as an early birthday present. I have been very happy ever since.
Sullyboo
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.