Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: The other red bike had a good night  (Read 9794 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: The other red bike had a good night
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »

Before I forget, one other hoped for and most excellent byproduct of the combination of the exhaust change and being tuned.  Much less heat on the legs.

The duals that were on it got hot.  HOT.  Left side was bad after even short rides even this time of the year. Whichever leg you stood on at a stop light went bowlegged without thinking about it trying to get off either side's pipe.

Now it's a complete non-issue.  Left side is clear of course.  But right side isn't baking the leg, at all.  Much much more comfortable.  Thank you again Mr. Golden. :2vrolijk_21:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »

Before I forget, one other hoped for and most excellent byproduct of the combination of the exhaust change and being tuned.  Much less heat on the legs.

The duals that were on it got hot.  HOT.  Left side was bad after even short rides even this time of the year. Whichever leg you stood on at a stop light went bowlegged without thinking about it trying to get off either side's pipe.

Now it's a complete non-issue.  Left side is clear of course.  But right side isn't baking the leg, at all.  Much much more comfortable.  Thank you again Mr. Golden. :2vrolijk_21:

Heat on the legs was a huge problem with my 01 SERG.  At the time I had V/H slip ons.  Almost unbearable on a hot day.  I found the same solution you did...an excellent tune solved the problem (Speed Hanson of Speeds Performance).  The tune (Power Commander) gave me much improved performance and relieved the heat issue.  A great tuner is worth whatever they want..
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »

Heat on the legs was a huge problem with my 01 SERG.  At the time I had V/H slip ons.  Almost unbearable on a hot day.  I found the same solution you did...an excellent tune solved the problem (Speed Hanson of Speeds Performance).  The tune (Power Commander) gave me much improved performance and relieved the heat issue.  A great tuner is worth whatever they want..

That was something I noticed from day one on the SERG.  Even on cool days.  Spiderman said it was at least somewhat a Road Glide thing.  While doing the several chores to it last night also took the lowers off for summer (or however long).  So that no doubt made a difference too.  But lowers or not the pipes are just a lot lot better now.  Gotta love no longer having to think every damn time you stop about where to put your legs.  This bike would have eaten rain gear before now.

cash338

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

All raingear needs a lower leg tattoo/brand. :huepfenlol2:
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »

Just detailed the output of the finished product Mark.  Your banana would walk away from it.  But for a little 95" with just an exhaust change it's not too bad.  The numbers are about what I expected.  The torque is stronger earlier than I expected though.  So I'm very pleased.  It also just sounds a lot better than it did before.  And it's smoooooooother too.

Don, sounds like great numbers to me. 94hp out of a 95 inch. I got 102hp out of
a 103 inch. Inch for inch it sounds like a similar tune to mine, just different pipes.

My banana is supposed to walk away from it. A 103 should outrun a 95 with similar
tunes. But your numbers should make it fun to ride anyway and that is what counts.
I am happy it turned out so well. Anyway your  :cherry: 107 inch will more than walk
away from my banana. It's all relative.

Today was a great day to ride. I rode to Little Rock for motorcycle mania with bubba,
h-d mikey and several others. The more I ride, the more I enjoy it. I guess it is in my blood.

Mark

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »

So now it sounds good and pulls well.  That's the definition of a fun bike to ride isn't it?
YES.  ;D har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »

All raingear needs a lower leg tattoo/brand. :huepfenlol2:

Well.....  It's just wrong though when you notice your shorts are wet because the hole on the inside of your leg allowed the water to blow in and run uphill....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 10:00:44 PM »

Don, sounds like great numbers to me. 94hp out of a 95 inch. I got 102hp out of
a 103 inch. Inch for inch it sounds like a similar tune to mine, just different pipes.

My banana is supposed to walk away from it. A 103 should outrun a 95 with similar
tunes. But your numbers should make it fun to ride anyway and that is what counts.
I am happy it turned out so well. Anyway your  :cherry: 107 inch will more than walk
away from my banana. It's all relative.

Today was a great day to ride. I rode to Little Rock for motorcycle mania with bubba,
h-d mikey and several others. The more I ride, the more I enjoy it. I guess it is in my blood.

Mark

All too true Mark.  Glad yours is doing so well.  Still smile everytime I think of you twisting the banana and seeing the grin your face as you blew past me on the way home from John's.  That was a happy rider that day :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »

A mea culpa had to be added to this post : :huepfenlol2:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22485.msg361577#msg361577

Got a phone call earlier today from a blue bike wanting to brag to a red bike!  Ok, it was actually a blue bike's happy owner.  But it's the same thing!

Chip had the blue SERG on John and Sandy's dyno and reported that it kicked it's little red bottom.  If I could quickly find a smiley showing spanking I'd out it here!

It sounded like the report they were using for comparison was from one of the earlier runs in the session.   A few steps got saved.  But the other red bike got spanked nonetheless :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: .

So, giving credit where credit is due: :znotworthy:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 03:10:44 PM »

A mea culpa had to be added to this post : :huepfenlol2:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=22485.msg361577#msg361577

Got a phone call earlier today from a blue bike wanting to brag to a red bike!  Ok, it was actually a blue bike's happy owner.  But it's the same thing!

Chip had the blue SERG on John and Sandy's dyno and reported that it kicked it's little red bottom.  If I could quickly find a smiley showing spanking I'd out it here!

It sounded like the report they were using for comparison was from one of the earlier runs in the session.   A few steps got saved.  But the other red bike got spanked nonetheless :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: .

So, giving credit where credit is due: :znotworthy:
So......could one deduce that blue bikes are therefore the 'faster' color bikes?    spyder (proud owner of a BLUE/black SEEG)  Har !!!
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »

So......could one deduce that blue bikes are therefore the 'faster' color bikes?    spyder (proud owner of a BLUE/black SEEG)  Har !!!

Blue may be faster, but everyone knows that the YELLOW bikes
are always the fastest!!!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Mark

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »

Well then you surely don't want to see what the Black (and grey) ones will do to both of youze!!! :o ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 06:35:59 PM »

Well then you surely don't want to see what the Black (and grey) ones will do to both of youze!!! :o ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
You think so? Well just what kind of HP/TQ numbers do you
have Mr. Hoist?

Mark

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

You think so? Well just what kind of HP/TQ numbers do you
have Mr. Hoist?

Mark

110" 120 Hp, 126.2 Ft Lbs. ;)

Dyno chart here.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12079.msg250685#msg250685

BTW, it's a SERK3, not a B/G SERG. Don understands my warped sense of humor! ;D

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 06:44:09 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

110" 120 Hp, 126.2 Ft Lbs. ;)

Dyno chart here.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12079.msg250685#msg250685

BTW, it's a SERK3, not a B/G SERG. Don understands my warped sense of humor! ;D

Hoist! 8)

Howie,

You need to have tires on the bike to make it go though!   :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 25 queries.