Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Seat Pictures for GH  (Read 9981 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Seat Pictures for GH
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2008, 11:28:44 AM »

No dual heat control.  Did you do heat at all?  I promise never to tell your Mrs that you didn't get a bum warmer that might have been available if you decided against it.  I do.  I promise.  I'll never say anything.
No way a nice guy like Don would ever mention you didn't get a heated seat for you wife's comfort. Nope, he just wouldn't do a thing like that. :sneaky: :evilgrin:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »

No way a nice guy like Don would ever mention you didn't get a heated seat for you wife's comfort. Nope, he just wouldn't do a thing like that. :sneaky: :evilgrin:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
One HUGE benefit of this site Gary is learning that everything I do from here on out on the SERK is for HER comfort and well being  :nixweiss:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »

Howie and Raquel are considering Corbin and wanted some seat pics for comparison.  So the following several images are all about helping a new buddy spend his money and have nothing to do with just having a good excuse to show off different seats and bikes.  Really....  ::)

Here ya go Howie.  Images of the two different seats on the red bike.  Also found some that show the Corbin that was on the Road King I had just prior to the red bike.  These are all Corbins without the extra padding that you're trying to compare against.  Thought I could find imagery of a couple of others on older bikes, but no luck there.

Here comes a dozen seat photos showing things from various angles:

Twolane...did this dive you anymore "leg room"?  I rode my 03 SERK yesterday (finally  :huepfenjump3:) and I am 6'6" - 36" inseam...found I had to really think about getting to the brake and shifter, my knees are WAY up in the air. 

I really could use some leg room.  So I am looking at the floor board extenders from HD and the Kuryaykn ones that move it out a bit, but a seat may also add to my leg room.  The stock seat keeps me pretty far forward.

Thanks!

Sean

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

Twolane...did this dive you anymore "leg room"?  I rode my 03 SERK yesterday (finally  :huepfenjump3:) and I am 6'6" - 36" inseam...found I had to really think about getting to the brake and shifter, my knees are WAY up in the air. 

I really could use some leg room.  So I am looking at the floor board extenders from HD and the Kuryaykn ones that move it out a bit, but a seat may also add to my leg room.  The stock seat keeps me pretty far forward.

Thanks!

Sean
Sean, I too am taller 6'4 and 34" inseam. This is my first mod in a series to correct the problem you describe. Figure I need to put the new Corbin on first to see how exactly my riding position will change. Sat on Howie's 07 Serk in York which has a Corbin and it does appear to bring me back a little.

Howie

PS- Thanks for forwarding that request to The Sandbox!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »

Thanks!

Sean

Sean, the floor board extenders make a surprising amount of difference to leg comfort and position for such a small part.  They are worth doing relative to the small effort involved.  There are a couple of different extended reach brake pedals out there also that might be a consideration to do at the same time the right board is off.

My 2000 RK with the Corbin would be the same seat and position change as on your 03.  I think I remember it well enough to describe the general differences.  It'll place you a little lower but a little farther back. 

If you speak to Corbin be sure and let them know your Road King is the SE version.  Because of the different dash the saddle for that bike has a different nose.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »

I also provided height, weight and inseam measurements. I also have larger than average thighs from years of weight lifting and after several conversations with Corbin they also recommended a "nose job" to provide additional thigh clearance. I believe Don may have had the "nose job" done as well you may want to check with him.

Howie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2008, 10:52:27 AM »

I also provided height, weight and inseam measurements. I also have larger than average thighs from years of weight lifting and after several conversations with Corbin they also recommended a "nose job" to provide additional thigh clearance. I believe Don may have had the "nose job" done as well you may want to check with him.

Howie

On the SEEG specific seat this was done.  And was a real improvement.  On my Road King seats (including the tan one used on the SEEG) it wasn't necessary for me though.  The same shape gained by the nose job on the SEEG saddle is part of the prior model Road King saddles to begin with.  The current SERKs are a different model seat though.  So no comparison should be drawn from between the prior and current model saddles.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »

Howie

Check out my thread on floorboard extenders

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=7720.0

Don't limit yourself to what HD sells

And again, you should have sat on my bike (seat and now floorboards and just for the heck of it WO 575's).

I have two inch extenders on the right side, world of difference. I do scrape that side a bit more, but the improvement in ride comfort is worth it. Although I haven't scraped since changing the suspension height.

Note, because of the kickstand on the left side it uses a different combination of extenders (mine came with a 3/4 version)

The link above has a link to the supplier for both the extensions and longer bolts required.
I used the stainless Allen screws.

I might still have the 1 1/2" version I'll have to look around.

And for those attempting to take these floorboard screws out.

My method is to use a 3/8" Allen wrench with the long side cut down to about the short side length.
I then use a 1/2" deep impact socket (3/8" drive) with a 12" extension as my wrench. There is very little room to work if you have an oil cooler as most of our bikes do.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:06:51 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2008, 01:52:19 PM »

Thanks!

Sean
Sean,
Another option to consider and one that might possibly give you the ability to put it on the bike and sit/try (if you find a dealer w/one in stock ask if you can put it on your bike and sit on it to check the fit/leg room) before you buy is the......

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Stretch your legs in style. The Tallboy® one-piece seat moves the rider back 1/2" and up 1-1/4" compared to the Original Equipment seat. The new position allows additional leg and arm movement for the long-limbed rider, and a comfortable seating space for the open road. The bucket design of the Tallboy® seat provides additional rider back support, and the wide raised pillion places the passenger for maximum comfort and commanding view. Accepts rider backrest. Seat width 17.5"; passenger pillion width 15.0".

52976-05

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '97-'07 Road King® models and FLHX models. Also fits '97-'07 Electra Glide® and Road Glide® models equipped Fuel Tank Console P/N 71288-03A or Trim Piece P/N 52447-96. Seat width 17.5"; passenger pillion width 15.0".

MSRP US $299.95
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sean M Cary

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »

Sean, I too am taller 6'4 and 34" inseam. This is my first mod in a series to correct the problem you describe. Figure I need to put the new Corbin on first to see how exactly my riding position will change. Sat on Howie's 07 Serk in York which has a Corbin and it does appear to bring me back a little.

Howie

PS- Thanks for forwarding that request to The Sandbox!!

No worries - did Dave get back to you?  They are pretty busy, we had a VTC with them yesterday, there is A LOT going on in Anbar...lots of hard work and bad guys being sent to their 72 virgins - none of the good news makes it on CNN for some reason.

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »

Sean, the floor board extenders make a surprising amount of difference to leg comfort and position for such a small part.  They are worth doing relative to the small effort involved.  There are a couple of different extended reach brake pedals out there also that might be a consideration to do at the same time the right board is off.

My 2000 RK with the Corbin would be the same seat and position change as on your 03.  I think I remember it well enough to describe the general differences.  It'll place you a little lower but a little farther back. 

If you speak to Corbin be sure and let them know your Road King is the SE version.  Because of the different dash the saddle for that bike has a different nose.

Going to the dealer tomorrow - daughter made first communion today so most of the day was tied up with that. 

I have to do something - did not feel entirely safe riding yesterday.  Granted it was my first day on the bike, but I ride daily and do not like that feeling of being out of my element...  I was jumpy coming up on cars and making turns because I felt the need to look for the controls, that isn't good.

will report back what I get done - I looked at Accutronix and Jay Brake Fwd controls...besides having to lose the crash bar, I can't support the cost anytime soon!  If I had $800 it would be on the Cams/Oil Pump Push Rod parts, not forward controls. 

Sadly dad did not get the extended warranty, I even have the brochure where he was running the numbers for it, but no extended warranty.  Cam fix is out of pocket.  Luckily I am very well versed in doing my own wrenching...do all my own work on my truck, Kawa...have been a mech for years (worked my way through college as one).

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »

Howie

Check out my thread on floorboard extenders

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=7720.0

Don't limit yourself to what HD sells

And again, you should have sat on my bike (seat and now floorboards and just for the heck of it WO 575's).

I have two inch extenders on the right side, world of difference. I do scrape that side a bit more, but the improvement in ride comfort is worth it. Although I haven't scraped since changing the suspension height.

Note, because of the kickstand on the left side it uses a different combination of extenders (mine came with a 3/4 version)

The link above has a link to the supplier for both the extensions and longer bolts required.
I used the stainless Allen screws.

I might still have the 1 1/2" version I'll have to look around.

And for those attempting to take these floorboard screws out.

My method is to use a 3/8" Allen wrench with the long side cut down to about the short side length.
I then use a 1/2" deep impact socket (3/8" drive) with a 12" extension as my wrench. There is very little room to work if you have an oil cooler as most of our bikes do.

Do the HD extenders move the floorboards FORWARD?  Or just out/away from the bike?  I see the spacers, guess you got them and the bolts from McMaster Carr (been using them for quite a while).

Sean M Cary

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »

Sean,
Another option to consider and one that might possibly give you the ability to put it on the bike and sit/try (if you find a dealer w/one in stock ask if you can put it on your bike and sit on it to check the fit/leg room) before you buy is the......

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '97-'07 Road King® models and FLHX models. Also fits '97-'07 Electra Glide® and Road Glide® models equipped Fuel Tank Console P/N 71288-03A or Trim Piece P/N 52447-96. Seat width 17.5"; passenger pillion width 15.0".

MSRP US $299.95[/b][/i]

That is what I am looking for also!  Man - AMEX is loving me already.

Sean

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »

That is what I am looking for also!  Man - AMEX is loving me already.

Sean

Call Jenni to get it at 20% off list. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »

Thanks!

Sean

Not sure about the fitment and spacing on the '03, but I just put the CVO Corbin Dual Tour on my '08 and it gave me significantly more leg room over the stock seat.  My guess is that the seat position moved me back somewhere between 1/2" - 1". (It also robbed a little seating space from Martha in the back, but no problem there).  I found that I had to relocate my highway pegs as I now was stretching a bit further than before.  I now have about 800 miles or so on the seat and it is really coming into it's own now.  I ordered mine through Jenni and Corbin custom made the seat to my Ht., Wt. and Inseam numbers and it was worth the wait.

Craig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 25 queries.