Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Value of a 1999 FXR2  (Read 71628 times)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
Re: Vaule of a 1999 FXR2
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »

10-4 Brian, I wanted to do a bank transfer today but he will call me tonight with the full details of the $$. He might delivet it too although and I'd pay hin instead of shipping it. I'm Not going to dwell on this until I know it's a done deal. I don't even want to say what is is. I'll keep everyone in suspense,lol But..............  :orange:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »

Hello Hoist, There are two reasons why I won't get the bike. 1) If he changes his mind(I don't think he will)
                                                                                  2) If I die today.
I feel like a little kid,lol :) ;D :orange: :pineapple: :pepper:

BTW Hoist, Whats your name?

Best, George
All the best with it George! One of the best bikes HD ever made! :2vrolijk_21:

Name's Howie, but everyone calls me Hoist! ;)

Hoist! 8)
This was to easy couldn't resist....

I thought they called you "Chithead". ;D :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »

Hey George...Cool...Which FXR?...Post pics as soon s ya get it...I spent a few years in the 4th MarDiv myself...3 years at HQ in New Orleans, and 3 years on I&I...DON"T FORGET...POST THOSE PIC'S...SEMPER FI Bro!!

Well...Were gettin close to the 10 here...let's see if I buy  :drink:

Oh Oh! Somone else posting as I type!

looks like 10 now to me! Way to go guys! FXR chatter! I love it!!! especially when Brian buys!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hey, lets go for it...And I don't see any reason why Hoist and the rest of the crew can't attend...Wouldn't want the rest of the family calling us SNOBS ;D

Oh!...Thanks to the d00d for jumping in here and honoring me with the privilege of buying the first round...He musta had a heads up; must think he's a global moderator or something ;D

That's gonna be a fun ride down to AL huh Brian! You wouldn't think of trailering it, would ya? :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »

looks like 10 now to me! Way to go guys! FXR chatter! I love it!!! especially when Brian buys!!! :2vrolijk_21:

That's gonna be a fun ride down to AL huh Brian! You wouldn't think of trailering it, would ya? :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)

Why . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . YES I WOULD!!!!!!  :sauer019: :sauer019: :sauer019: :huepfenlol2:

RedFXR2

« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »

Looks like Blaine's the first guy on page 10.  Free beer always tastes the best. :drink: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist! 8)

I just checked and Anniston is 673 miles from here.  I might have to procure a trailer, myself.  I'm not one of the IronButt guys like Howie and Twolane.

Funny thing is that I used to live in Atlanta.  It's be a breeze trip from there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:28:56 AM by RedFXR2 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2008, 10:28:01 AM »

Name's Howie, but everyone calls me Hoist! ;)
Hoist! 8)

This was to easy couldn't resist....

I thought they called you "Chithead". ;D :huepfenlol2:

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. :D :D :D

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »

George....

LOL I began this message yesterday afternoon.....and then I decided we needed a "HISTORY OF THE FXR" for anyone whom finds themselves interested in the FXR2's FXR3's or FXR4's and so went into research mode so this post will be a bit late.....anyway....it sounds like you have perhaps "secured" an FXR of some year and model so I will enjoy learning with others what it is you have decided upon, from your reflections above it already sounds WONDEFUL....so hopefully CONGRATULATIONS will be in order soon!!!!

:pepper:

So here is the post I was going to send yesterday lol:

Once you own an FXR "framed" bike....none of that will matter as to what is motivating you to be interested in the bike....but what will "sustain" your enthusiasm for the bike will in fact be the ride and how it performs....

We are a "funny" society....we are quite often motivated by what I call, "the fear of loss" instead of the "aquisition of gain" meaning that often times people tend to "collect" things which they feel are in short supply because then they have something someone else wishes they had....instead of embracing something for exactly as it is....

When "enthusiasts" of a motor company can honestly say....the very best of a certain model isn't the most recent version...then the motor company is headed in the wrong direction...which could be said for the twin cam version of HD's but not particularly for the "evo" version of bikes....if you took the very very best riders and put them on any of the HD framed bikes of your choice and put them up against an FXR....nothing would be able to keep up with the FXR and I am talking about "cornering" and riding in real life situations....such as the mountains....sure, there will always be "faster" bikes, but who cares if one is faster....the legal limit is 75.....every bike will do that....but how you get there in "comfort" or in "fun" will be defined by how the bike handles...so as we sit here on the "day" of the presentation of the "newest" models for 2009 and when you look at the CVO presentations....what do you see.....simply more "bling" for guys who are willing to spend upwards of $30,000 or more for a roadglide etc...and here we sit talking about our CVO's which are priced today at between $10,000 to $14,000 and can be taken on a tour as comfortably as any CVO touring bike for any rider 5' 11" or shorter....

Yes, George your memory is serving you correctly about the discontinuing of the FXR frame as it has been reported.....but at the end of the day, as I just said above....what will bring a "smile" to your face isn't that the Motor Company quit building the frame it's what that "frame" will do out on the road when you twist the throttle...whether it's a black vinyl coated throttle and idle cable or whether one chooses that it should be a braided stainless steel throttle and idle cable....needless to say it will however be a cable and not a "fly by wire" set up....some things are simply gimmicks along the path way of life....

Perhaps HD's purchase of MV Augusta will infuse the Company's progression to change...although changing to what would be my question.....

If HD was capturing the imagination of the market place they would build a smaller framed bike specifically for the 4' 11" woman to 5' 5" as one of the largest segments of those purchasing bikes is the "woman" rider....think about it....how many women will be introduced in the next 24 months to riding a Scooter only to discover motorcycling and that their "scooter" isn't enough for them.....if I were a stock holder I would be SCREAMING for some attention to this particular rider....So how many are sitting there wondering when HD will sell out to the "Scooter" market....and create one?

So what's my point.....my point is....on the day of the newest bikes being offered for HD in 2009, I see once again nothing that leaves me drooling for something different than what I already have....but then again...is that really all that bad....thankfully back in 1982 the team of engineers who created the FXR which in my opinion stands above all others.....

As I sat here writing this, I thought you know what @ this site/forum we really should have a "thread" that deals with the HISTORY OF THE FXR which will help to orient people about how the emergence of the CVO began as well as how the FXR came into being.....so I will link it to this thread as well when I finish it....

Here is the link to look at:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25417.0;all

Look forward to hearing about your new FXR!

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:09:03 PM by FXR2evo99 »

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »

Tim, You have done it again. You enhance Our feelings of this machine. You are certainly a very articulate commentator that makes it easy for all of us to understand. I cant finish now( wifie  comming home) But I think you understand how we feel about all your messages. THEY ARE ALL GREAT. Thanks and with much appreciation, George

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008, 05:27:28 PM »

"........I cant finish now( wifie comming home)........"

Ahhhhhhh that's jusssssst greatttttttttt....lol can any of the rest of you imagine that ole' George is having to SNEAK on his computer to talk to us Boys!!!!!!  Just GREAT!!!!!!! 

:nixweiss:

:cucumber:   :pepper:      :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2008, 05:30:53 PM »

"........I cant finish now( wifie comming home)........"

Ahhhhhhh that's jusssssst greatttttttttt....lol can any of the rest of you imagine that ole' George is having to SNEAK on his computer to talk to us Boys!!!!!!  Just GREAT!!!!!!! 

:nixweiss:

:cucumber:   :pepper:      :2vrolijk_21:

HeHeHe!!! You FXR guys KILL ME!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »

HeHeHe!!! You FXR guys KILL ME!!! :huepfenjump3:

Nahhh.  That's Binx's job. ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2008, 05:55:33 PM »

Nahhh.  That's Binx's job. ;D

Give her time Red, give her time!!! :o ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

RedFXR2

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »

Give her time Red, give her time!!! :o ::) ;D ;D ;D

She's got all the time in the world, it's you I'm worried about. ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

She's got all the time in the world, it's you I'm worried about. ;D

Ah, don't worry about me Red! One day we all wake up dead! I'm not up to that yet!!! ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

She don't know I'm getting the bike yet. All she says is what are you going to do with two bikes. She don't ride either. I refuse to take a NO from her. You only live once! Best, G
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.