Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: FLTRSE3  (Read 56771 times)

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
Re: FLTRSE3
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »

Customryder,
I like the rinehart tips, that a sweet looking rg, you shouldn't have any problems with selling it.  Any difference in those speaker compared to stock?

The speakers are a improvement, much cleaner sound.

getting pretty excited about the 09!

Thanks Guys!
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »

The real question then is: did you at least play last night? You know, "You've got to be in it to win it."
Nope, only play when it gets to =/> 75 Million. Figure if I'm going to win I want to get as much as I can for my dollar.... in other words I'm not really into gambling. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MikeD

« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »

This was supposed to be put on every page!!!  What can I say, I love it!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »

This was supposed to be put on every page!!!  What can I say, I love it!!!
What can I say?? Oh, yea.... You've got good taste. :2vrolijk_21: :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2008, 02:47:28 AM »

We were talking about this at the office this morning. The one thing everyone agreed on was the SERG should be priced at about 27K if you look at all the extras on the Ultra; heat shields, lowers, rider backrest, king lighted tourpack w/ liner, better radio w/ CB, rear speakers, rear crash bars, rear tail light, etc, considering the price of the Ultra, it is a hell of a better deal. Of course the Ultra doesn't have those cheesy glue on abortions on the bottoms of the saddle bags. They must be worth 10K! :o

I was anxiously awaiting the new SERG, but the more I read this stuff, the less I think I like the package the MOCO did with the SERG3. The Tour-Pak, back rests, lowers came standard on the 00 & 01's, so why not now and why is it priced so high without the basic touring stuff? And why not redesign the old fairing since they did the headlights ?   :nixweiss:

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2008, 07:39:36 AM »

Well Im taking the plunge, I called my dealer last week and he said that he had one O/B Se RG coming in early aug.  It has a build date of 7/28  So I told him I would take it.  I have to go in today to finalize it.  Never have ordered a new bike, so how long does it normally take to build the bike and ship it?

I've read everything I could get my hands on about this bike.   And still would like to know somethings I will double check today.  I've been following this thread and have probably learned more from it.  I agree that I would at  least like to have the tp throwed in.  I have an 06 ultra SE now and have set it up to be a SE street glide which is how a ride it 90% of the time.  So it's not super important to have all that.  If you added all the items on that some of you said you wish it had then it would be a ultra SE RG and would cost what the SE ultra would be 36k.   I'm wish they would have done the bag extensions better but other than that It looks great. 
If I started with a streetglide and did all these things which is what I wanted to do I would spend over 35 k easily for it so I guess 31 k isn't that bad. 
It took me a while to get use to the RG front end so I rented one for a day and was pretty impressed at the difference in riding than my ultra.  It was little weird getting use to the fairng not turning but got used to it pretty quick.  Feels much more stable than my ultra SE but I didn't get a chance to do a lot of riding. 
For those of you that have a RG and switched to a Street glide or Ultra whats been your thougths especially on long trips is the difference that big of a deal?
Thanks

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »

Well Im taking the plunge, I called my dealer last week and he said that he had one O/B Se RG coming in early aug.  It has a build date of 7/28  So I told him I would take it.  I have to go in today to finalize it.  ...

Congratulations on your decision. It sure is a great looker.  If you found that you seldom used your ultra as a great mile after mile touring bike, you are going to love this Road Glide.  It is gorgeous.  Pick up the new seat and get your back rest to match whatever that might be, and if you love lowers, just buy them and you are set.  I am excited for you.  Just saw your gorgeous watermelon for sale in another thread, lots of luck at finding it a new home quickly. 

MikeD

« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2008, 07:50:02 AM »

Hey Terry,
Congrats on the new SERG, what state are you in?  You had inquired about my SEEG for your brother.  He's not interested in you green bike? 

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #323 on: July 28, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »

If you want it for Bike Week or Biketoberfest will trade it back earlier or later.  Important thing is to make sure we are having a good time riding d00d's new bike!  We need to get d00d to cut a check for the bike & get the title & insurance in order & all so there will be no legal issues when we ride it.  Will defer to your wise judgment as to which place d00d should buy it.  Maybe he should pay cash so there will be no note & that will speed everything up?  Feel strongly that d00d should at least have the bike long enough to get his picture made while sitting on it so he can post it here & all.   :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin: :2vrolijk_21: :pumpkin:

Ok, I found the  :pumpkin:  in question, all we need is for d00d to cut the check. If he wants a good pic, I can bring it out too him and then I still have a couple months before I have to turn it over to you.

Uh oh. :shocked2: Jamey it may have been better if you had just kept looking at the pictures. Now that you've seen it live and in person it's really going to be hard not to get it. :nixweiss:

BTW did your dreams last night include anything that had Orange and Black on it? ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

d00d, being the selfless guy that I am, I was looking at this from a "what would d00d do" point of view. I really think this is the bike for you, and we have worked out the storage for you already. In case you are not watching  ::) we have your new ride ready for delivery. Colonial is claiming MSRP, so if you are a little short on time I am willing to assist. Just let us know when you want to pull the trigger. Hi-yo Silver!  :2vrolijk_21:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #324 on: July 28, 2008, 05:37:46 PM »

Ok, I found the  :pumpkin:  in question, all we need is for d00d to cut the check. If he wants a good pic, I can bring it out too him and then I still have a couple months before I have to turn it over to you.

d00d, being the selfless guy that I am, I was looking at this from a "what would d00d do" point of view. I really think this is the bike for you, and we have worked out the storage for you already. In case you are not watching  ::) we have your new ride ready for delivery. Colonial is claiming MSRP, so if you are a little short on time I am willing to assist. Just let us know when you want to pull the trigger. Hi-yo Silver!  :2vrolijk_21:

A most excellent plan, and d00d is very lucky to have friends like us willing to help him out with FREE bike storage.  Some would charge, but no not us.  Just the kind of people we are, going out of our way to help. 

d00d - UJamey is willing to even help take delivery - don't see how you can refuse an offer like that....

;)

who was that masked man?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2008, 11:20:37 AM »

I already pulled the trigger and my Silver SERG will be here Aug 20th.  Now the bad news!   Like others, I was looking to get a tour pack but...  I already have an 09 catalog and the only tour pack currently offered for the SERG (in Silver) is the small one  :(.  Looks like you can use the full size orange one from the standard RG's.  Did not see the yellow but I assume you can use a previous yellow...
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »

Definitely like the Orange & Black.

Did you notice the saddle bag latches?  Cooool!

Tell me they did not recess the rear reflectors in the saddle bags.  :o
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

MikeD

« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2008, 07:37:28 PM »

I've seen two pics, one with the reflector on the saddle bag latch and one on the bag itself.  So I have to say no.

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »

Here is pic from CVO Broch
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »

Could this have been the concept bike ?  I saw it on the way to Sedona at Tortilla Flat.  Notice the fairing paint, little windshield, bag fillers with led lights. Even then no bag extender things though, must have come later.  ;)  Doc
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 24 queries.