Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Drum Roll Please!!!!  (Read 12316 times)

lespaul997

• Lovin my serg
Re: Drum Roll Please!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2008, 07:10:35 AM »

Congrats mike, I'm still waiting on mine. The dealer just told me it may be jan now instead of dec as told before. Could you post some pics of the rear of the bike with the lights on. I'm really interested in what the look like while running, braking and turning... Thanks again..Doug

MikeD

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »

Hey no problem! Will do.

Limelight

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 09:40:58 PM »

Doug, One of the dealers here in Jacksonville has a orange and black one on the floor available!!!!!! ;D

MikeD

!
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 10:36:52 PM »

Ok, I got off of work later than expected and had to run home, shower and change.  Two bad days back to back at work and I was exhausted and ready to leave.  It didn't even phase me that I was on my way to get my new bike until we pulled into the parking lot.  My wife dropped me off and waited in the parking lot, so I could give her the clock werks windshield that I made the dealership trough into the deal.  As I entered the door of the dealership I was floored!  My SERG was displayed so when you walked in the door, you cant look at anything else because your eyes won't let you.  I needed to be slapped in the face and brought back to earth.  It was unreal.  I saw the bike when it was uncrated and it was overcast and a real ugly day that day.  But when I walked in, I was and still am in awe. 

The paperwork/Deal:
I got the extended warranty and wheel/tire protection for 1100 for an extra 2 years.  Hey Jorge- my prep was 500.   witI figured that the warranty is a must with a brand new bike and the 110, chrome peeling, etc.  They gave me some goofy free t-shirt.  GET THIS, I TOLD THE GUY (not the salesman) HOW TO BREAK IN THE BIKE AND USE THE REAR CYLINDER SHUT DOWN.  This guy is supposed to help me get acquainted with my bike, umm yeah, ok!!!

They took my picture, see below.

Then I rode it home:
Wow, what a ride! I was most surprised by the suspension.  It was so smooth compared to the SEEG and SE Fat Boy.  I love it.  The stereo is much better than my 05 so I was loving it.  Power,  much more power than the 103.  This bike is better balanced as well.  I love the seating position, I'm 6'1" and I feel like the bike was built around me.  Except for one thing, the windshield.  I love look but I felt like I was on my fat boy again with the wind beating me like Tyson.  As soon as I made it home, I put the 8" clock werks on.  I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'10", so the clock werks 8" is not working for us either. 

I love the looks, the color is unreal,  the performance is an A+.  All in all a great ride.

My wife said the following.

The paint is really glittery!  I need a thingy in the back for when we go on long road trips (translation= I authorize you to get a tour pack).  Is this thing running, it sounds like a hybrid (translation= I authorize you to modify the exhaust).   She still doesn't like the fairing too much but she really love the ride, suspension to her is like a Cadillac.  So the longer she comfortable, the longer I get to ride and be happy! :)

Once again, I can't stress how this paint will blow you away.  At night, during the day, it is just very impressive.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »

Mike

Congrats, it's a beautiful bike!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 10:47:06 PM »

Mike,
Congrats!!!!! That smile tells it all. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 10:53:03 PM »

Congrats Mike!  Great looking bike!  Enjoy.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »

sweet ride..... :2vrolijk_21:

luv the enthusiasm...... :orange: :orange: :orange:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 01:05:05 PM »

Mike, congrats.......very happy for you! 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 01:49:10 PM »

Good to hear the positives and it is a killer looking machine for sure.
Stay well Mike and ride on!  :drink:

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »

Congrats on the sweet ride.  Too bad Mother HD cheaped out on the Tour-Pak and lowers but certainly B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L beast....  Enjoy
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »

Looks like it will take quite a while to get that smile of your face.  VERY NICE>>>  Got great news today!  My Silver SERG shipped Weds and it will be here either Weds or Thurs next week.   :orange:
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

MikeD

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 11:23:57 PM »

Thats great news sblair!  Your going to love it! 

I had to buy my wife a larger back rest pad, it's plain leather, no stitches or seems and it sill fits the lower detatchable sissy bar so it looks good.  I ordered the Tour Pack today and bough the hardware.  That dented my wallet for sure!  Vance and Hines released an email stating that they're slip ons will work for 09's and the Rinehart slip ons will work.  The Service Manager(friend) and I pulled the bags off and he took the stock pipes off.  We tried the rolled ovals and in theory they would hav looked nice but the way the mounting backet is put so close to the bag, it leaves a large gap on the rear facia.  The only other pipe they had was a slash cut vance and hines, it didn't look right.  We decided to try a Bub7 reverse slash (actually its a reversable slash cut, goes both ways).  I'll post later on the looks.  Still got the stock on there, and it really looks good, just sounds like a Vespa Hybrid, if there ever was one. 

Put another 120 miles on today, still loving it.  Still need a new 12" Klock werks, on order and it should be in on Wednesday.  Let a friend ride it today who was totally anti RG and I had to beat him off of it with a stick!  I rode his Street Glide and I felt like I was confined or cramped.  I feel like I can stretch out a little bit on the SERG and I love that.

More later... :2vrolijk_21:

Lean Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO Fatboy 2006 - Sold Sept 2007
    • CVO2: CVO Ultra Classic 2007 - Sold Feb 2012
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008, 08:08:47 AM »

Mike,

Congrads on your new baby. Enjoy it!!!  :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :carrot: :apple:

Now let's hear what your plans are to empty your wallet for add on's to the bike?

BigDave

MikeD

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »

Mike,

Congrads on your new baby. Enjoy it!!!  :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :carrot: :apple:

Now let's hear what your plans are to empty your wallet for add on's to the bike?

BigDave

Dave-
I dropped over 2K yesterday for a color matched chopped tour pack, docking hardware, removable hardware, highway peg mounts, a new back rest pad for my wife, my wife wanted a new helmet ( it was the least I could do since she agreed on the bike).  Oh yea, and the Klock werks 12" windshield too.

I'm looking at the Bub 7 slip ons, I'll match them up to the bike next week some time and see how they look.  All the aftermarket pipes don't seem to look right on the rear end.  The mounting hardware is right up on the saddle bags.  I love the looks of the stock pipes, if only someone made a close replica of them.  I take some pics of this next week when we put it back on the lift. 

Supposed to ride to go get some breakfast this morning, going to make it a 200 mile round trip.  My goal is to have the break in period completed this week and have the 1k service done next week.  Thinking about meeting up for a day trip in Maggie Valley and also doing Biketoberfest.  Also doing a Lake Lure ride here real soon.  My wife really wants to do that ride, she making the arrangements. 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:52:58 AM by MikeD »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 25 queries.