Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods  (Read 94620 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: NorthGeorgiaHawg's FLHXSE3 Mods
« Reply #375 on: May 03, 2012, 06:44:23 PM »

My understanding, which is elementary at best, is the security code the MOCO has installed within the ECM to prevent tampering with the ECM operating software is different beyond 2010, and Rev. Perf. did not successfully crack the code to gain access to the software.

If I'm incorrect in my understanding, I'm sure a tuner expert will chime in and correct me...   ::)

That is my understanding as well, Scott.  At least from the reading/research I've done.  They were unable to get past the new "firewall" HD put in the newer ECM's....that's my simplistic was of putting it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #376 on: May 03, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »

That is my understanding as well, Scott.  At least from the reading/research I've done.  They were unable to get past the new "firewall" HD put in the newer ECM's....that's my simplistic was of putting it.

Hmmm... interesting. Thanks very much for the info, gents. So I wonder... if there's a firewall in there now... how does the TTS continue to be able to flash in maps, and read them?

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »

Hmmm... interesting. Thanks very much for the info, gents. So I wonder... if there's a firewall in there now... how does the TTS continue to be able to flash in maps, and read them?

:nixweiss:  Bear in mind that the folks that make the TTS made the SERT for years.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it now, but obviously they have done whatever it takes to get past the code.  I'm sure there is a member or two here that might be able to answer that, but may be unwilling to do so for numerous reasons.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »

:nixweiss:  Bear in mind that the folks that make the TTS made the SERT for years.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it now, but obviously they have done whatever it takes to get past the code.  I'm sure there is a member or two here that might be able to answer that, but may be unwilling to do so for numerous reasons.

Well... that would be Steve Cole...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »

FYI
There is a V-Max forum, but I don't think they allow bolded print.And Mike is right but call Rev Perf so they can tell you Mike is right.That's strange, I didn't know a SESG couldn't take curves at more than 50 mph.
The 12 Screamin Eagle Road Glides will. I did a few hundred of them Tuesday on the Dragon.
Now that I think about it the 11.5 SEUC and the 01 SERG will also.
I know this is a wild thought but is it possible it's not the bike?

;)

SBB

I'm really tired of your insulting comments to me. Please keep them to yourself, or post them in other threads... 'cuz I really don't give a rip WHAT you think...

The Wizard's Tune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »

:worthless:
I'm really tired of your insulting comments to me. Please keep them to yourself, or post them in other threads... 'cuz I really don't give a rip WHAT you think...

Thanks buddy!
Just as I thought, it's not really the bike.

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »

:worthless:
Thanks buddy!
Just as I thought, it's not really the bike.

;)

SBB

You sir, are a real piece of work. You don't even know me, yet you find it necessary to post your small-minded, insulting little comments. I have no use for nasty people like you, and I will not respond to you any further.

The Wizard's Tune

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »

Now come on guys... Can't we just play nice?

As my wife's grandfather used to say "it's nice to be nice!"

To each their own, let's just ride!

;D
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2012, 12:08:51 PM »

A couple pages ago, they were headed to the Dragon together.  What happened? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

2006ULTRA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »

Have you considered a Thundermax?  The software is easy to use and it constantly tunes A/F.  

I bought my bike used so it already had the motor work and a dyno tune with a SEPRT.  It made great power if you look in my sig.  I bought the software and cable so I could tune if need be because my bike was pinging under load and the throttle response was TERRIBLE. I messed with the SEPRT for a while and pitched it.  I tried to get help on another forum to run the software but it didn't seem like many people had much experience so I gave up.

I bought the Thundermax and so far I am happy with it.  My bike runs better and has more power.  No pinging.  I can also store 5 maps in the Tmax and change them while riding.  No computer.  I was hoping for better throttle response with it but with my cams that's not going to happen.

I installed the larger bungs for the 02 sensors in my head pipe and left the stock 02 sensors in their original locations.  If for any reason the TMax goes down all I need to do is install the old ecm and hook the original 02 sensors back up by plugging them back in under the side cover and I'm good to go.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:12:08 PM by 2006ULTRA »
2011 SESG
121rwhp and 124tq
Woods TW-9B cams
Ported Head
D&D FatCat Performance Baffle
Thundermax

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »

Now children I had 5 daughters and they act more grown up than some people on this site and they are all DRAMA QUEENS grow up!!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

Now come on guys... Can't we just play nice?

As my wife's grandfather used to say "it's nice to be nice!"

To each their own, let's just ride!

;D

Now children I had 5 daughters and they act more grown up than some people on this site and they are all DRAMA QUEENS grow up!!!!

I always play nice, fellas... unless and until insults are leveled at me. Even then, I tend to ignore them unless they continue... which in this case, they did.

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

Have you considered a Thundermax?  The software is easy to use and it constantly tunes A/F.  

I bought my bike used so it already had the motor work and a dyno tune with a SEPRT.  It made great power if you look in my sig.  I bought the software and cable so I could tune if need be because my bike was pinging under load and the throttle response was TERRIBLE. I messed with the SEPRT for a while and pitched it.  I tried to get help on another forum to run the software but it didn't seem like many people had much experience so I gave up.

I bought the Thundermax and so far I am happy with it.  My bike runs better and has more power.  No pinging.  I can also store 5 maps in the Tmax and change them while riding.  No computer.  I was hoping for better throttle response with it but with my cams that's not going to happen.

I installed the larger bungs for the 02 sensors in my head pipe and left the stock 02 sensors in their original locations.  If for any reason the TMax goes down all I need to do is install the old ecm and hook the original 02 sensors back up by plugging them back in under the side cover and I'm good to go.

Just a thought.

Thanks very much for your input. I have considered the Thundermax, but I am not entirely comfortable with the idea of completely replacing the stock ECM. I have read all of their literature from their web site though.

I will stay with the TTS for now, and start over with a TTS MT8 calibration for a 2-1 pipe, and tune it from there. Going to do that on Sunday, actually... under the guidance of a genuine wizard!

Since I got the S/C/S-4, I haven't really put in the necessary effort to retune the bike properly. We did do an afternoon of tuning runs starting with the MT7 map I had in the bike, that was tuned very well for the Fullsac setup I had before - but we were not able to get enough cells populated. I am getting decal popping, and low RPM performance is quite poor - it simply isn't tuned correctly now with the S/C/S-4 pipe on it.  I am hopeful that going to an MT8 calibration and having the cam selector and EGR adjustments available will help us in those efforts.

If we can't the tune right after continued retuning efforts, then I'll continue to consider the ThunderMax - now that I know the Rev Perf ECS is not an option for my bike.

The Wizard's Tune

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #388 on: May 05, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »

Hey Ken -

I have a full Rev Perf setup, complete with a 2010 ECU that I'm not using. I was planning to use it for my 120R motor project but my audio mods kinda ate the motor budget.  :)  The 120 will have to wait for a while and not sure what tuner I'll use when I do it. For my 110 I just used a TTS.

Let me know if your interested ... I'll hook you up with a deal.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #389 on: May 05, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »

Hey Ken -

I have a full Rev Perf setup, complete with a 2010 ECU that I'm not using. I was planning to use it for my 120R motor project but my audio mods kinda ate the motor budget.  :)  The 120 will have to wait for a while and not sure what tuner I'll use when I do it. For my 110 I just used a TTS.

Let me know if your interested ... I'll hook you up with a deal.

Sent you a PM, Rich. Thanks!

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.