Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: 2013 Models  (Read 24153 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2013 Models
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

I think your giving MOCO way to much credit  :-\  You write that like they care about the consumer or something LOL
They have incorporated a lot of the things that owners have done aftermarket into their production bikes... for instance look at the speakers in the lowers & saddlebags, extended saddlebags, and addition of stand alone GPS' to name a few. If they could have everything that they think the consumer would want in one model it might be cheaper for them in the long run... and we all know they will cut costs to improve profit. ;) :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »

They have incorporated a lot of the things that owners have done aftermarket into their production bikes... for instance look at the speakers in the lowers & saddlebags, extended saddlebags, and addition of stand alone GPS' to name a few. If they could have everything that they think the consumer would want in one model it might be cheaper for them in the long run... and we all know they will cut costs to improve profit. ;) :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Agree, Gary.  It seems the SG owners here generally want to add the TP at least, and some go so far as to add the NIM, etc.  All the MOCO would have to do is make the TP detachable and do away with the under the TP amp and either put it in the SB like the new SGs or better yet, put it under the fairing.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »

Agree, Gary.  It seems the SG owners here generally want to add the TP at least, and some go so far as to add the NIM, etc.  All the MOCO would have to do is make the TP detachable and do away with the under the TP amp and either put it in the SB like the new SGs or better yet, put it under the fairing.

That woulda made my 2012 buying decision a lot easier!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:50 AM »

Or they could extend the "build your own program" like they have for Sportsters. That way you can add or delete depending on your taste and budget. That would make it a true Custom Vehicle Operation and make us feel better about spending so much money for a bike.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »

:soapbox:  They could simplify things a LOT, and reduce costs significantly, by simply implementing the Ultra harness in ALL of the fairing-equipped Touring bikes, and just plug off things that aren't used on that particular bike. This would enable customers to easily add their own accessories - like the 665/NIM/XM, Tour Pak lights, saddlebag spoilers, etc. - without going through the all of the crazy hoops that those of us who have installed these things have had to do.

The wiring harness on the SESGs like mine is RIDICULOUS - as if they purposely designed the harness to make it very difficult for the CVO SG customer to add Ultra accessories. I cannot see how designing a special, one-off harness for different Touring bikes saves them any money... seems like One Harness for All would make it a LOT easier for us as customers, and for them as a manufacturer.

I have had to do some unholy things to Buster to install the NIM - dealers don't have a clue how to install a 665/NIM on a SESG. I also ended up fabbing a completely custom 6-pin harness with a Deutsch quick-disconnect behind the seat for the Tour Pak, because there wasn't one that I could just buy to provide run/brake/turn signals to the Tour Pak. I also added 3-pin Deutsch connectors to the saddlebag lid spoiler wires, so I can easily remove the bags without also having to remove the seat. A rear aux port in the radio from the factory would also be very nice. I could go on and on, but you get the idea...

The MoCo needs to move away from their restrictive "market segmentation" mentality, and make it much easier for customers to really customize our bikes with HARLEY P&A. Doesn't seem like too difficult of a concept to me... seems like they could sell a lot more P&A if they weren't such a PITA to install on the various bikes.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »

:soapbox:  They could simplify things a LOT, and reduce costs significantly, by simply implementing the Ultra harness in ALL of the fairing-equipped Touring bikes, and just plug off things that aren't used on that particular bike. This would enable customers to easily add their own accessories - like the 665/NIM/XM, Tour Pak lights, saddlebag spoilers, etc. - without going through the all of the crazy hoops that those of us who have installed these things have had to do.

The wiring harness on the SESGs like mine is RIDICULOUS - as if they purposely designed the harness to make it very difficult for the CVO SG customer to add Ultra accessories. I cannot see how designing a special, one-off harness for different Touring bikes saves them any money... seems like One Harness for All would make it a LOT easier for us as customers, and for them as a manufacturer.

I have had to do some unholy things to Buster to install the NIM - dealers don't have a clue how to install a 665/NIM on a SESG. I also ended up fabbing a completely custom 6-pin harness with a Deutsch quick-disconnect behind the seat for the Tour Pak, because there wasn't one that I could just buy to provide run/brake/turn signals to the Tour Pak. I also added 3-pin Deutsch connectors to the saddlebag lid spoiler wires, so I can easily remove the bags without also having to remove the seat. A rear aux port in the radio from the factory would also be very nice. I could go on and on, but you get the idea...

The MoCo needs to move away from their restrictive "market segmentation" mentality, and make it much easier for customers to really customize our bikes with HARLEY P&A. Doesn't seem like too difficult of a concept to me... seems like they could sell a lot more P&A if they weren't such a PITA to install on the various bikes.

AMEN!!!  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 08:47:14 PM »

X3!
Alan

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »

Spy shots anyone?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »

Spy shots anyone?
I found this one on the web.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »

hmmmmm. Still no cvo trike

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Your right  -  I  guess I should give MOCO more credit   ;)

Pod

• CVO1: '12' SESG Hot Citrus
2013 CVO Harley Davidsons
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

Looks like the SESG will not be in production in 2013.  They are coming out with CVO Softail Breakout.  Not sure about the technical info if water cooled this year, maybe one of yinz can figure it out and fill us in.  See the link below from the CA  EPA.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/hmc/2013/harleydavidson_m0050181_1688-1802_0d5_hn.pdf

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »

water cooled...nothing new here folks, move along... ;)

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »

annv edition colors..... red, white and blue.... with their trade marked '1' in the logo for '110th year'  stars and stripes.....

harleygal

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »

which models do you think would have the red, white & blue colors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.