Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black King Tour-Pak  (Read 3275 times)

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
Black King Tour-Pak
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:44:01 PM »

I have to buy a Tour-Pak to appease my financial advisor. She thinks it will be much more comfortable than the sissy bar we use now. I won't be using it that much so I don't want to drop the $1400+ for the color matched version (2011 Inferno Orange/Black diamond). I'm really looking to get a standard color black and there are 2 that seem to be close; 1) vivid black 2) black pearl. Has anyone seen the black diamond? It looks more gray in the sun to me. Thoughts?

Worst case I get my local painter to match the black diamond color after we get back from next months road trip.

Thanks
2011 FLHXSE2

rw3673

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE. Was candy cobalt. Getting custom paint
    • CVO2: 2007 CVO Ultra. B/O. Sold
Re: Black King Tour-Pak
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »

I think you will find once you have the vivid black mounted you won't really notice the difference in colour.   I put a vivid black on my 07 O/B and once it was on there I was surprised how little difference there was.  There have been some decent looking black king tourpak'son EBAY.  THE MUTZUA tourpak (the newer one) is aftermarket, but is an exact knock off off HD, except a bit sturdier.  They have a deal on one now that has an aftermarket airwing chrome rack with led brakelight for about $600.  it also has the wrap around backrest.   For another $150 they will put the new style CVO light bar on it.   Their stuff is all aftermarket, but i have seen them on a bike and they are really decent quality.  Very difficult to tell them from genuine HD stuff.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »

I bought a razor tour pak in vivid black for my 2011 Black Diamond Street Glide at a local dealer who went out of business, it was $150 a no brainer! When it's on the bike you can't tell the difference in color until you REALLY get close and look for it. I would like to get a matching tour pak but don't want to fork over the money for a tour pak that isn't as colorful as some others CVO's such as yours. When and if I decide I need a chopped or king for more room I would save the money and order one in vivid black. The black pearl is more gray in color and will not match well with your bike, go with the vivid black!

Just my 2 cents. 8)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:01:01 PM by East Coast »

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:54 PM »

With the few times I have it on the bike, I think the vivid black is the way to go too. Thanks for the feedback on the black pearl. I am going to order it (vivid black) from Surdyke tomorrow. $599. Later if I use it more, I'll get it painted black diamond.
2011 FLHXSE2

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »

Anytime! Like you I don't use it often and always detach it when I arrive at my destination. 

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »

Try A1 Hardbags. King tour packs dirt cheap.  a1hardbags.com

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »

With the few times I have it on the bike, I think the vivid black is the way to go too. Thanks for the feedback on the black pearl. I am going to order it (vivid black) from Surdyke tomorrow. $599. Later if I use it more, I'll get it painted black diamond.
Check with Jon at Horney Toad HD :(254) 743-7200!!  I have bought from both and he is a lot cheaper than Surdykes!! 8)

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 26 queries.