Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: So long CVO Harley  (Read 3644 times)

cvTony

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
So long CVO Harley
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »

I have not logged on here in years. Sold my 2006 CVO Ultra this past January. No more Harley's or any motorcycles in the stable now. Life changes and what once was my passion is no longer, at least for now. I retired after a 33 year police career in November of 2012. For the past few riding seasons I barely managed to put on a couple of hundred miles. Why? Many reasons: riding buddies dwindled, opportunities to get together for rides became less and less. The amount of idiots on the road has either increased, or I am just more aware of them or both. I quit riding at night when a friend at work lost her husband to a deer strike. More and more deer in urban areas than ever. Between my 2 E Glides I put on 45k safe miles. I am thankful for that.

I took a beating on my bike when I sold it, its not like it used to be! But, that means if I decide to get back on a bike (It will only be an Electra Glide of some type) I can find a good, clean used one at a reasonable price. In the meanwhile, with the proceeds from the bike and my buy-out from work I found a clean 2007 Corvette convertible 6 speed manual. When it rains I can put the top up, when it's cold; heat. You know what I'm talking about. The wife is happier sitting beside me instead of looking at the back of my head - and she can text/eat/nap, etc. And you know what they say about a happy wife. Now I frequent the Corvette Forum under username Tony 327.

Best wishes to you all and my sincere hopes that all of your travels are safe.   
2006 FLHTCUSE B/C
1993 Sportster 883/1220
1990 FLHTC Peace Officer S/E (gone and missed)
1974 XLCH 1000 (gone, thank God)

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: So long CVO Harley
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »

Have fun with your Vette. Hope to see you back in the wind one of these days.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »

Good Luck to you Brother and please have fun with what every you choose to do enjoy you retirement to the fullest, stop by and say Hi when you can we like corvettes also I have a 1980 with 4568 miles on it.

Dante
DND

brwk

• Full CVO Member
  • Annv #782

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »

Have fun with the vette.  I had a C4 and then a C5 convert, loved them but I sold the last one due to always looking in the rear view mirrors for the police (vette = heavy foot). 

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:59:50 PM »

Have fun with your Vette. Hope to see you back in the wind one of these days.

X2. The road on two wheels will call your name again one day my friend...., it always does.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »

Ok man, if that's how you want to be.  I guess we were only friend as long as you had a bike?  No, just kidding, have fun with the vette and take care of yourself. Later bro!  :bananarock:
Jesus is Lord

EdKSr.

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Bkack Cherry - Slate Trade In
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Rio Red
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »

Seven weeks ago I traded my 06 LT3 6 speed manuel for a Ford 2013 Powerstroke Crew Cab with a 8' bed Platinum Package.  I installed a Rampage bike lift to make the trip to Milwaukee a bit easier and more luggage space for Linda.  However I still have a 79 Corvette with 23695 miles.  Two wheels might still be in the future for you.   Ed

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »

When I see a bunch of corvettes I always wave or at least a thumbs up, hope to see you on the road in my my travels.`
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »

When the "passion" isn't there, it's just another way to get someplace. You did the right thing. Enjoy the vette. Who knows, the passion may return.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

denis

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2114 cvo ultra blue
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »

I have not logged on here in years. Sold my 2006 CVO Ultra this past January. No more Harley's or any motorcycles in the stable now. Life changes and what once was my passion is no longer, at least for now. I retired after a 33 year police career in November of 2012. For the past few riding seasons I barely managed to put on a couple of hundred miles. Why? Many reasons: riding buddies dwindled, opportunities to get together for rides became less and less. The amount of idiots on the road has either increased, or I am just more aware of them or both. I quit riding at night when a friend at work lost her husband to a deer strike. More and more deer in urban areas than ever. Between my 2 E Glides I put on 45k safe miles. I am thankful for that.

I took a beating on my bike when I sold it, its not like it used to be! But, that means if I decide to get back on a bike (It will only be an Electra Glide of some type) I can find a good, clean used one at a reasonable price. In the meanwhile, with the proceeds from the bike and my buy-out from work I found a clean 2007 Corvette convertible 6 speed manual. When it rains I can put the top up, when it's cold; heat. You know what I'm talking about. The wife is happier sitting beside me instead of looking at the back of my head - and she can text/eat/nap, etc. And you know what they say about a happy wife. Now I frequent the Corvette Forum under username Tony 327.

Best wishes to you all and my sincere hopes that all of your travels are safe.   

denis

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2114 cvo ultra blue
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »

i to retired from chicago pd  with 37years i have a 2012 cvo ultra and still ride even if by myself or with some friends i also have a 2012 vet why not have both u only  live once

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »

Enjoying your Vette doesn't mean you have to leave the site. Be like JCZ, hang around and pester the rest of us :D

DH

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »

Enjoying your Vette doesn't mean you have to leave the site. Be like JCZ, hang around and pester the rest of us :D

DH

X2
Good one Simon!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »

A man's gotta do what a man's gota do. Best of luck with the new toy.

A few weeks before the Sturgis Rally the Hills are invaided by 'vettes:

https://www.blackhillscorvetteclassic.com/

Went one time with a friend in his '63 split window. Great time, be sure to go at least once!

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

That's my next purchase maybe? Will keep my  :pumpkin: till I can't hold it up anymore, but, the wife doesn't ride much anymore, new hip, bad neck. Like you said, on them hot days or what ever doen't mix well with two wheels, together we can get in the Vet and Zoom Zoom. Enjoy your retirement. I'm sure you earned it!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.